Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all
Question..
i have managed to break the cruise control... lights up on dash etc but will not set, now im assuming that i have knocked one of the pedals i.e clutch or brake. my question is whats the best way to reset the pedal switches ( i have not had a look yet ) i know i should take it back to nissan but well im lazy...
Thanks for any and all comments

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
best take it to the dealer if you broke it there is nothing to reset on the pedals
are you sure you have broke it and just not setting it right
See I am too lazy to read the book on how to set it just keep fiddling with the buttons until it sets
must go and read it really as i havent a clue what the two dials mean i know one engages it but
well just my thoughts anyway if its broke it looks like a trip to dealer for you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply Deks36
And yeah im sure i have broken it, it was working fine. im sure i have just knocked a switch out of alignment.. had my big boots on during the snow and caught them on the pedals.
I may even take a look later on... gotta wash the car to its so filthy!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello
Yes this is RHD man version. would i have to set a 1mm gap or anything like that to them. i never had a chance to look yesterday.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
hi Damo

The second button is the cruise control one - Please dont think I am being cheeky but are you definitely setting it properly? The first button is a speed limiter.

Compared to the Qashqai - I find the JUKE controls fiddly and a nuisance to be fair. They are quite a distraction I feel

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Good luck

Fee x

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Fee
Well you successfully planted the seed of doubt and made me double check... but yeah i was setting it correctly.
But to be totally honest im not that fussed if it works or not, the car spends most of its life flying round town. but i guess ill take some time of off and get it booked in... great excuse for a day off work if i ever heard one!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Top manJuke-of-earl
Thank you very much for the info

·
Registered
309 Posts
Anyone else used the cruise control to actually drive the car? U can accelerate and decelerate using the wheel controls! Very cool!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Every car I have ever had with cruise was possible to to do that with as long as you know how to control it used to drive like that all the time when i did distance drivng.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I use cruise control most of the time on the motorway, its nice to stretch the legs or move them about on longer trips. Also great for the stretches of motorway with 50mph limit. I like the facility to change speed using the control switch, previous cars didn't have this.

·
Registered
309 Posts
yeah its a nice system very easy to use and the speed limiter is handy too

·
Registered
26 Posts
All this talk of gadgets is making me even more impatient to get mine!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Yes, the cruise control and governor are both very good and do save the old right foot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts