Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
From what I know the meter takes its signal for the speed from the ABS system, it has to convert this signal from kmh to mph (andmaybe some other logic)and there can be 'rounding errors' so you can't get every speed to set.. I can't get 90 mph on my diesel... (on a track of course
)...

(aerogharehjre & Stormrider) What engines do you have ?

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
I can't say I've noticed not being able to set a specific speed, but I'm inclined to believe 5523_Juke's reason for it not being able to.

On another note set the cruise @ 88mph the other day, made me chuckle when I looked at the dash ;)

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have the standard 1.6 by the way.

When you are in cruise control, you can only decrease the speed by a certain amount at a time, until the speed of the car catches up, then you can decrease more. Perhaps this was it?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
iamdabe said:
I can't say I've noticed not being able to set a specific speed, but I'm inclined to believe 5523_Juke's reason for it not being able to.

On another note set the cruise @ 88mph the other day, made me chuckle when I looked at the dash ;)
Ok so I must be slow today 88mph? don't get it............
by the way nice to see you have taken time out of driving your Juke to make a guest appearance. Haven't seen you on here for a while.

Edited by: 12Inchmick

·
Registered
43 Posts
12Inchmick said:
Could you enlighten me further? What film?.....................
See nobody has replied to this and I am a newbie looking through the site, the film in question is Back to the Future, I am now also looking forward to setting mine to 88mph when it arrives

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Well just come back from london and had great fun with the cruise control.
Mainly set it to 80 but if the traffic was slowing down i used the steering wheel control to drop it to about 75. If i wanted to over take i just used the same controls to bump up to 85. Hehe, was fun watching the torque gauge move about. When you reduce speed this way i wonder if the break lights come on or the engine just backs off the power.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts