Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just under a month old with only 225 miles on the clock I'm going to need a new front windscreen
. Was travelling along a countryside A road on route for lunch with friends when came up behind a slow moving car doing 45 to 50 mph on a 60 mph road. No straight forward overtaking spots but you can get by with a little commitment and plenty of acceleration. Was tempted but as I'm still running Marma-Juke in wanted to keep below the 4000 rpm limit so decided to follow behind for 10 miles before we hit town. 5 minuteslaterand bang
... a further 10 secs later an 8 inch horizontal crack appears from the drivers side pillar half way up the screen.

Got to ring the insurers tomorrow but no doubt the factory is yet to release spare screens for the Juke. To top it off got back from lunch to find the washing machine had died. They say bad luck comes in three's so maybe I should stay under the duvet tomorrow

Other than that very happy with Marma-Juke so far. No real complaints so far to report.

Rich.

·
Registered
154 Posts
was my thoughts about the windscreen..bad luck and hope your local windscreen people can source a screen asap.hope your excess is small.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Have you heard the saying break a match? If youve had 2 things go wrong, like you say it comes in 3's, so the saying break a match to be your 3rd thing.

Hope you can get it sorted.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Rich_C said:
Well just under a month old with only 225 miles on the clock I'm going to need a new front windscreen
. Was travelling along a countryside A road on route for lunch with friends when came up behind a slow moving car doing 45 to 50 mph on a 60 mph road. No straight forward overtaking spots but you can get by with a little commitment and plenty of acceleration. Was tempted but as I'm still running Marma-Juke in wanted to keep below the 4000 rpm limit so decided to follow behind for 10 miles before we hit town. 5 minuteslaterand bang
... a further 10 secs later an 8 inch horizontal crack appears from the drivers side pillar half way up the screen.

Got to ring the insurers tomorrow but no doubt the factory is yet to release spare screens for the Juke. To top it off got back from lunch to find the washing machine had died. They say bad luck comes in three's so maybe I should stay under the duvet tomorrow

Other than that very happy with Marma-Juke so far. No real complaints so far to report.

Rich.

At least your insurance will cover it.

A friend of mine called me today having suffered the same fate with his Fiat. He has been quoted over £500 because he hadn't included windscreen coveron his policy.

·
Registered
202 Posts
When my Juke needed it's windscreen replacing after a similar incidentI had to wait two weeks as the glass had to come from Sunderland & it was the rain sensing one so an added delay. Autoglass were brilliant though, the fitter guy had never seen a Juke before, let alone changed the windscreen on one. All in all it took about three hours to replace the screen.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the sympathy guys.

Call now made to the insurers. All pretty straight forward really. Glass is on order - I asked them to double check and allegedly all specs have the same windscreen according to their database. Fitter coming to the house next Wednesday - apparently will only take 4 hours. So all in all pretty painless. Crack is still growing - up to 10" now but the windscreen lady assured me it was still safe to drive.

Rich.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Watch out though, for insurance company - if they think that you could be a risk by driving with a faulty screen (potentially causing an accident) - your insurance could be null and void

Fee x

·
Registered
202 Posts
feefeeglasgow said:
Watch out though, for insurance company - if they think that you could be a risk by driving with a faulty screen (potentially causing an accident) - your insurance could be null and void

Fee x
My insurance company were fine when I reported my windscreen to them & told me if Autoglass were happy for me to drive then that would be okay. I suspect that if you were told not to drive the vehicle and did anyway, it would be a different story.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Rich_C said:
Thanks for the sympathy guys.

Call now made to the insurers. All pretty straight forward really. Glass is on order - I asked them to double check and allegedly all specs have the same windscreen according to their database. Fitter coming to the house next Wednesday - apparently will only take 4 hours. So all in all pretty painless. Crack is still growing - up to 10" now but the windscreen lady assured me it was still safe to drive.

Rich.
WOW a 10" crack..........................
Second thoughts, perhaps not.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts