1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there fellow Juke owners!!!! I collected my Juke Visia early
November but due to bad weather and health issues, it has only done 200
miles and I have just found a large crack hidden behind the windscreen
wipers. Cleaning pesky leaf pods from my wiper blades I noticed a white mark in between the wipers. Lifting the bonnet for the first time since I bought the car, I lifted the wipers to find the white mark leads into a series of cracks!

There is no outer damage to the windscreen (no chips) and the cracks are below the height of the boot so nothing has hit the windscreen during driving. I took the car to my dealer who has stated they cannot do anything until Nissan approve of any repairs???

The service guy has taken photos and sent them to Nissan but It is clear the damage has not been caused during driving, though it puzzles me as to how the windscreen has cracked unless the machinery at the factory put too much pressure during it's fitting??

I hope they are not going to argue against covering this under warranty as my Juke is in PRISTINE condition and is washed/waxed every week and has not been driven out of my local area yet. Has anyone had issues getting Nissan to sort similar issues as my dad had a devil of a time getting Arnold Clark to sort issues with his brand new Astra when he bought that 22 months ago - but that is another story and I would NEVER purchase a new vehicle from Arnold Clark again!!!!

Enjoy your driving!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Hi sorry to hear about the screen I hope you get it sorted but in my opinion I would be amased if Nissan agreed to cover this under warranty as its one of those things that a number of things could have caused the crack. I would doubt any manufacturer would pay up for this kind of fault
You sound genuine but look at it from Nissan side. anyhow good luck and keep us updated

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
For your info - I met achap in Arnold Clark and he said that his NissanNotes windscreen had cracked and was being replaced under warranty - dont know what the issue there was but it was only just weeks out the garage

Hope you get things sorted out asap - Keep us posted

Fee x

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a similar problem with cracked paint on the joint on my offside wing and bumber. The panels have pressed together and the paint is cracked. Dealer told me that I must have had an accident that I had not noticed, which is definitely not the case! Waiting for Nissan to come back on a warranty claim but have been told it has been referred to the Factory now. Also noticed door panels not aligned properly.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had scratches on my windscreen that either occured during transport to the dealer or were simply a defect. The windscreen was replaced under warranty, but I did need to put my foot down a little. If you think it was delivered this way then state your case...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update on my cracked windscreen - Nissan fully approved the warranty-repair for my windscreen within 3 days of my dealer sending photo evidence to Nissan Warranty Department. The replacement windscreen is now at the dealer and it is booked in for next Tuesday. I also backed-up my dealer-visit by contacting Nissan customer services (who have been VERY helpful) directly reinforcing my claim and insisting I am on-site when the contractor fits the new windscreen.

Past experience has told me that when you take your vehicle back to a dealer (AVOID ARNOLD CLARK!!!!!) for warranty repairs, if you turn your back and leave them to it, they won't always take the same care you would and so I am overseeing the repair ensuring the bodywork is covered-up so no marks appear on my paintwork - even to the extent I am considering approaching the window replacement contractor and offering him £10 if he leaves my car looking pristine. I am not leaving the dealership if there are any issues once repaired. You pay all that money, you stand your ground until issues are fully addressed!

Full kudos to Lookers and Nissan Customer Services so far though!!!!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Pretty much the same with me although I was not as paranoid about damage. It's only a windscreen change. Very straight forward! Good news!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts