Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks,When I learned thatthe delivery date for my Juke had been pushed even further back, I mentioned that in the UK, Nissan had extended the hand of gratitude to would be customers and offered acourtesy car. I asked if it could be considered here in Spain, in my particular case?Much guffawing and coughing, then I was told the Director of the company was attending a meeting and would bring the subject up.Heard nothing for a week or so, then out of the blue, my sales person, who was in fact on a week´s vacation, told me if I cared to come inthe followingTuesday,they would come there also and hand over the keys to a Micra courtesy car!!Wahoooooo!! That meant the buyer of my RAV4 could meet me there and alsotake delivery.Had the little car with a big heart for a couple of weeks now. The only slight "fly in the ointment" is, my wife is beginning to like it and said "why do we need a bigger car?"WHAT, WHAT, but, but, the Juke has got eco, sport and normal modes and lots of buttons and thingies that we guys need to have in life!! Also, all the extras I have in the cupboard:- Stillen´s, Synapse´s, valve dustcaps and, and, everything...........??Lifted eyebrows and an "OK, I suppose you know what you are doing??"PHEW!! That was a close one. Nearly had to turn to Fee for supportin herModerator mode!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
That was a close one! Have u got the new micra? Which engine?

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Good work, Pilgrim, welcome to the Courtesy Car Club

Which one did you get? I have the CVT, and it's mostly decent.

Do you find the deceleration at slow speeds, not using the brake, a bit 'jumpy'?

I'm still having to get used to the mirrors being about 10cm further out from the car body than I expect.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys and gals, I feel like an idiot!!I know it´s a Micra but I cannot even find the bonnet release catch!! Did the usual sliding the hand from side to side but no luck?Not sure what model but BOY, does it go!! Unfortunately it´s a Fawlty Towers model 5 speed. Took a moment or two to get my act together, haven´t driven a manual gearbox car for around 25 years.One thing is for sure, it has convinced me I did the right thing to wait for my CVT Juke. To each his own but I can categorically confirm, I do not ever want to own another stick shift!!!However beggars cannot be choosers. Thank you Nissan España for supplying the courtesy car!!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
It's (on RHS car) tucked under the lowest part of the dashboard (about right knee level) with the petrol release one (very hard to see).

I did manage to find those (eventually) but opened the bonnet when I was wanting to fill up the tank

My Dealer Bloke put the squeeze on Nissan to get me the CVT, as I have never driven a stick shift, and have an auto licence

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that acrorat, I found the release but cannot locate the spring loaded bonnet release to allow the bonnet to be pulled up!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IIMHO, you are not missing a flaming thing, not having driven stick shift. Biggest nuisance is in traffic and when climbing a crowded multistory carpark.Strangely, I was taught to drive by a civvy guy working for the WD. He taught me to drive a lorry by putting the thing in first gear and then pulling away without touching the gas pedal!! A VERY delicate foot needed believe me!! Also a non-synchro. gearbox, which entailed double declutching both up and down the gears, getting the revs. just right.Served me well, later in life.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
You need to slide your hand, which should be palm downwards, slowly in the gap between bonnet and car body (pointing slightly downwards) from one end of the Nissan badge to the other. On RHD model there is a smooth-feeling rounded 'tab' at the horizontal distance of the outer right edge of the Nissan Badge extremity. It may be the other (left) side for an LHD car. This 'tab' is the bonnet release.

In all other cars I have had the bonnet release has been much further off-centre, so I didn't expect it to be where it is, but I am a stubborn woman and found it with the British Standard method of doing the opposite of logic

Edited by: acrorat

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hey Pilgrim, Please assure your wife that when you get your Jukeyou bothwill be very glad you didnt change for a Micra.I too loved the little Micra I had & kept saying to my hubby, why do we need a Juke, it will be more expensive to run & its our 2nd car. But my goodness now I have it wow we, its definately worth it. Im so glad he kept saying, no wait, we chose it, it has better features that you need, etc. I have the permanent Juke smile on my face & im sure you both will have to. Its well worth the wait.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for that sallyspud,I shall drag her to the computer screen and show her your reply!!Also thanks to acrorat, I shall try doing the round tab, bonnet lifting,lever finding thing a bit later.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Pilgrim - At least you are now "in waiting" theres no turning back now......Micras are good wee cars - I've had 3, but thery're not at stylish as JUKES... Hope you dont have too long to wait for your new arrival --- try to think positive.. It could have been a Nissan Cube courtesy car!!!!!Fee xxx

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You areright Fee, I was getting a bit paranoid, not getting any updates or info. re. my Juke but now, as you say, I am on the waiting list, Waaahooo!!!I did honestly think it was going to be a Cube courtesy car but no, there was this little black beauty waiting for me!! Auotomatic lights and wipers, would you believe??So, I´ve dusted off all the goodies for the Juke, AGAIN but with a renewed vigour!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts