Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was sorting out some boot stuff today..got the space saver wheel and the attachments with it taking up a lot of space in the tray above the wheel.
Normally when we do the weekly shop,we have plenty of space for the bags in the boot as normal,so no problem..just got me thinking about holiday times with suitcases and the like.
When you empty the boot of the load trays ,with just the spare wheel below..the boot is huge and you would have no problem getting suitcases and more in..which is what i'll probably need to do.
Has a lot of space been compromised in your opinion to keep the easy slide in/out luggage option currently with the model?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I think you are ABSOLUTELY spot on.... I think the JUKE boot is the only real big negative and to be honest the only real negative to owning the car. The weekly shop is a bit of a nightmare with most of the bags ending up in the rear footwells on the car.

i do wish they would redesign this and havea look at this for the new version whenever it gets updated...

Fee x

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yeh the boot is slightly on the small side. When I went home for Christmas I folded one of the back seats down which gives a lot more room - it's rare I will have 5 in the car and need to pack for a long trip so I'm not seeing it as too major a problem at the moment to be honest.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I looked at this and was worried about it if we go away somewhere in the uk but found out you can put roof bars on it and get a roof box. So I thought if I need to then I will do that.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The removable floor in the boot couldve been made a bit stronger and its not exactly tardis-esque.It is as small as it looks! I did manage to sneak the jump leads and a 1st aid kit right in the corner next to the spare.

·
Registered
130 Posts
jutgarrett said:
I looked at this and was worried about it if we go away somewhere in the uk but found out you can put roof bars on it and get a roof box. So I thought if I need to then I will do that.

Now that's interesting, I think the Juke would look even more diverse with roof bars on it, kind of Dakar Rally type style!

Are they availiable I wonder?

SD

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
roof bars across the roof are available from Nissan

but I dont think you can get rails to run down the roof

·
Registered
41 Posts
Now that is bizarre. When I looked at this before I bought the car, they were showing them on the Nissan Accessory page as running down the roof. Now, like you say Deks, they only seem to be available across the roof.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
It would be superb if they introduced roofrails and panoramic roof as in the N_TEC spec...

That would be brilliant and I would definitely trade up for that...

Fee x

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I had 3 Qashqais and as much as I loved the Qashqai - i loved the JUKE more - so there was my compromise!!!

Fee x

Still doesnt take away from the fact the boot is the worst bit about it..

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree Fee, if I wanted the qashqai I would have got one, but I wanted a sporty sexy car that looks a little bit different. But the rear boot could deffo be improved. Took the familly up north for a few days, took out the boot tray and crammed loads more into the space around the puncture repair kit. I would say to nissan they need to seriously think about best use of the boot on mark 2 juke!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts