Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all!
Trying to figure out the correct bulb size for the side lights.
Bought some 501 LED's off the bay but they didn't fit correctly and wouldn't work. The wedge seemed too big for the fitment.
I done a bit of chopping and had them working outside the lamp but once they where actually in there was nothing again.
The originals have W5W and 092 written on them but i cant find anything similar.
Anyone have any ideas?
Edited by: The Jukester

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got new 501's delivered today and they work a treat.
Just need to get a decent set of main bulbs now as the reps i had look yellow now in comparison!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Glad the second 501's worked. Its what I put in mine, I went for the 15 LED ones they give a real nice white light.I agree the mains need doing too. Will have to get browsing

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
501s? whats the brand name and were can i get some lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rocks703 said:
Glad the second 501's worked. Its what I put in mine, I went for the 15 LED ones they give a real nice white light.I agree the mains need doing too. Will have to get browsing
I've realised that its my LED's that are far too blue.
My headlights match my fogs and give great vision so need to try to find LED's that go with them both.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have only changed the 501 sidelights in cool white LEDs (tend to leave then on in the day as DRLs..) The H4 headlights do look yellow in comparison - need to upgrade !
LED devices are available in warm white but usually for home use. Automotive always use cool white.
Next step for me is some additional DRLs

Ozza

·
Registered
555 Posts
Just ordered a full set :
h4s headlightsw501 side lightsh8fog lights.
H4 Philips X-treme Vision +100% Headlight
Bulbs (pair)
£32.95
501 Super Long 13 LED Extreme Power 360 Degree
White £17.36 pair
H8 LED Foglight Bulb - NEW! pair£40.00
from herewww.autobulbsdirect.co.uk
When fitted will post pics.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
if the colours are right and the lights match then i will follow suit and do the exact same.
When u start taking pics could i be cheeky and ask for pics of the installation as well?

·
Registered
605 Posts
meaga-byte said:
if the colours are right and the lights match then i will follow suit and do the exact same.
When u start taking pics could i be cheeky and ask for pics of the installation as well?
Dont do half measures - go all out cheeky and ask if he'll fit them for you. I would lol

·
Registered
555 Posts
flynn said:
meaga-byte said:
Dont do half measures - go all out cheeky and ask if he'll fit them for you. I would lol
lmao - its pretty straightforwardtbh - just have a practice with yourJukeBut yes i will get pics.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Well bummer - the bloody things are too big to fit !
Been trying to fit them today - i can access drivers side from popping bonnet and reaching down fairly easy to get too tbh without removing bumper etc pass side access from underneath can be done too, with a generous length harness in place . however they are a fraction too wide and will not slot into place, so it looks like back to the drawing board to find a slimmer fit h8s.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
snout said:
 Well bummer - the bloody things are too big to fit  !Been trying to fit them today - i can access drivers side from popping bonnet and reaching down fairly easy to get too tbh without removing bumper etc pass side access from underneath can be done too, with a generous length harness in place . however they are a fraction too wide and will not slot into place, so it looks like back to the drawing board to find a slimmer fit h8s.
Which lights are to big? the side lights or main head lights?

·
Registered
555 Posts
measured the diameter and they are about 19/20mm - i just cannot get them through- its close though.Might give it another go and apply a little pressure to push them through

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Ooooo good luck bud. Did the other two pairs go in alright?
What did the colours come out like?
Hehehe any chance of pics?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts