Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my lemon has developed a squeal. Its not really loud at all but can hear it when i pull into the drive way or drive slowly on a quiet stretch of road.
The noise stops when the car comes to stand still but starts again as soon as i pull off. This does not happy first thing in the morning or when the car is cold. Only when its warm outside and iv been driving for a bit. Makes me think there is dust in the wheel bearings or something. I know the manual says the breaks start to squeal when the wear down but after 2.5K miles it surely cannot be the breaks? Has anyone else heard anything like this?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
naa its deff coming from outside the car. Have tried just revving the engine to see if it was a fanbelt or something that turns without the wheels but it only happens when the car is in motion. happens in forward and reverse motion as well.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Or Kats, she may have been looking underneath for you. Tc

·
Registered
162 Posts
Try removing the wife & kids from the car!
If this doesn't work turn off the Vanessa Feltz show on Radio 2. That's a really annoying high pitched whine!

Good luck with this one. Get it checked by an expert, or failing that, a Nissan dealer!

Ouch!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol. Okay, with some more listening today while driving it seems the noise is coming from under the bonnet. Would the alternator turn with the wheels and not when revving te engine?

·
Registered
162 Posts
No the alternator runs the whole time the engine is running. Maybe it's something like a wheel bearing or a drive-train noise.

I'd take it to a nissan dealer and let them have a listen.

Ouch!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
happens at low speeds, OR i cannot hear it at any other speed lol.
Car booked in for monday 8th to have squeal checked out. Grill de-Kated and the rattles looked at. So far i have a rattle in the top left of the dashboard, the middle of the dash were the connect system is, the rattly glove box and a knocking in the boot. If my car was any more lemon it would be green and be planted in a pot!!!! It certainly is starting to leave a sour taste in my mouth lol.
I just seem to have bad luck with my cars :(

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My car is out to get me! Last night i removed all the bits and bobs that came with the car and now 4/6 of my squeeks and rattles are gone! Im sure i did that before and nothing changed. How do cars know they are going into the Car Vet so behave really well? Stupid thing.

·
Registered
162 Posts
You seem to be a 'glass half empty' sort of person. Surely, you've cured 66% of your problems for nothing and an optomistic veiw would be, that you can get the other 2 noises, sorted in short order?

C'mon, chin up!

Good Luck

Ouch!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Your problem sounds very similar to the problem i'm having MB.
Not been to the dealers yet as couldn't pin point the problem. Need to have a good look at this!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i seem to have sorted the rattle in the boot. The hard plastic boot cover thing was bouncing up and down. removed EVERYTHING in the boot and about 99% of the rattles and bumps seem to have gone. However when doing this you notice a extreme lack of sound proofing lol. So when i have some time i might get some of that sticky rubber vinyl stuff and put it down over the metal in the bottom of the boot. Am also going to put wither rubber along the hard boot liner or small strips of Velcro on each side so its stuck down but will come up if need be :D

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
am also travelling to and from Bath tomorrow so hope the engine squeal is not something serious lol.

·
Registered
540 Posts
When you said you only hear it a low speeds it sounds like it might be a stone in the brakes somewhere. As you speed up the stone gets thrown to the outer edge by the centrifugal force and drops back down again when you drive slower and then rubs against the brake disc trapped there by the pad.
That's my best guess. Sometimes it can dislodge and fall out by reversing the car a few times else, drop the wheels on the side you think it is coming from and have a look (or leave it to the dealer).

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay guys, a quick update. Took the car to nissan today and they gave me a loan micra with no petrol in it lol. Little thing was fun to drive as it was nippy and could be thrown around corners but dam it was nice getting back into the Juke.

The squeal coming from the engine is aparently the cam-belt connected to the altinator. This part needs to be ordered in.

The knocking noise in the middle of the car was the seatbelt tensioning device and also needs to be ordered in.

The dashboard rattle is still undefined and they will need to remove the dash when i take it back (this has me worried).

They also dont know what is knocking in the boot as it only happens when i put the hard cover back in yes its not that as i have put velcro down to stop it bouncing.

Mentioned the brakes were a little squeaky but they said they couldnt hear anything but must have done something since i had to break hard on the way home and **** near went through the windscreen (maybe they found a fix for the DIG-Ts soft breaking?)

Car is now booked in for 3-4 days next monday.
I suspect another Micra for half a week lol.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
MB the dash rattle has been mentioned before I believe the offending part is the water pipes coming from matrix through the bulkhead, I have this rattle on mine but on from cold will be mentioning it when it goes in for service in November

1 - 19 of 19 Posts