Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I be the first to congratulate Nissan on achieving the impossible. They have become the first manufacturer to make a car in both petrol and diesel variants where the petrol has turned out to be far more economical than the diesel.
I doubt any other manufacturer will be looking to follow this course so be mindful people pay an extra £1400 for the diesel get charged more per litre at the pump and get less to the gallon than you neighbour with the petrol version.
Hands together everyone and a big round of applause for Nissan.
</font>

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
561 Posts
I am almost sure they gonna come with a solution for all you dci's deks. If there are a lot of complains they need to fix the problem... If you see your MPG, thats from a car in the seventies...

·
Registered
120 Posts
There certainly seems to be a fault with your car mate, and rightly so it needs to be checked out - Hopefully you will be up in the mid-high40's very soon....It does say in the manual that a diesel engine will not reach its maximum fuel economy until xxxx (cant remember how many it was) miles are reached, and with that in mind I am happy with how my engine is performing.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lets leave my car aside but concentrate on all the vehicles out their
the average diesel seems to return 42-44 mpg against combined Nissan figures of 55 mpg
the petrol average seems to be around 40 mpg against Nissan figures of 44

so their is the results now tell me Nissan hasnt scored an own goal by managing to make a petrol car as economical if not better than a diesel which costs more to buy.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I dont understand why they dont let you come to the garage to put the car on a service computer. If i had a problem like that i just driveto my Nissangarage (without an appointment) and they put me on the computer. I know that because my privious car a Seat came from the same garage and i did that with it.( its a big dealer with different brands).

·
Registered
659 Posts
There HAS to be a problem. I refuse to accept that it is my driving style. I have never recorded such low figures. I can't remember exactly but I bet my Citroen Visa diesel did mid 40s and that was early 90s!!!!! No way would I have had it if it hadn't achieved mid 40s. And that was a heavy old beast.

·
Registered
561 Posts
For me its just a trimming(computer) problem... When a QQ do's better with the same engine they can fix the problem with the juke to.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jµke said:
I dont understand why they dont let you come to the garage to put the car on a service computer. If i had a problem like that i just driveto my Nissangarage (without an appointment) and they put me on the computer. I know that because my privious car a Seat came from the same garage and i did that with it.( its a big dealer with different brands).
juke this isnt about my problem my car is booked in to be looked at whatI am saying is nissan have made a mistake with the set up on this car not only ECU but in the gearing aswell, and it seems to me that they dont want to listen to customer feedback.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Your right deks i know, they could at least try to solve the problem asap then you could see it as solved and enjoy your car again.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS TOO FROM ME:

I HAVE OWNED 9 NISSANS AND WILL NEVER BUY A 10TH -

YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND LACK OF WILLINGNESS TO DO THE RIGHT THING IS SHOCKING...

I AM DISGUSTED

FEE

·
Registered
659 Posts
Makes my boring old Polo look almost appealing...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Petrol Jukes fuel consumption figures might be coming out quite well, but I think you'd find the very high revs really annoying deks. I know I do, 4000rpm at 70mph is well noisy!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
holeymoley27 said:
Petrol Jukes fuel consumption figures might be coming out quite well, but I think you'd find the very high revs really annoying deks. I know I do, 4000rpm at 70mph is well noisy!
Yes I would thats why i got the diesel not the petrol imo Nissan left a gear out of the box on the petrol which is why if I had my choice again in hindsight I would go cvt.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have not driven the DCi, but with the CVT-M6 on our 4WD, our drive on the motorway gave about 65mph at about 2500 revs I think she said(I will check that myself when I drive on Saturday). Obviously the gearing is higher on the CVT. 4,000 rpm at 70mph sounds a lot and perhaps they should have fitted a six speed manual box.

My own car is a diesel, but I can drive it quickly and still achieve good fuel economy. I will chuck one idea in the pot, I am not convinced that the Japanese are that good at building diesels.....yet.

I have looked at a few, Lexus 250IS for example, and the emissions and fuel economy were nowhere near the best from the major German brands.

Now I wait to hear that the DCi engine is from Renault

All that said, nobody with any engine, should expect to get close to the manufactures's consumption figures. They are just not achievable in the real world unless you live it flatland and have a feather for a foot, but it does sound as though there is a real problem with at least some of the DCis and you have my sympathy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well ,what a lot of sounds of discontent.
I have had an Acenta premium petrol manual on order since October and have been an avid reader of the forum which really encouraged me with everybody's enthusiasm and made my wait seem all the more worthwhile.
All of a sudden I get a call to say my Jukey is here and I can collect on Saturday 29th. YIPPEE.
Then over the last couple of weeks there are sounds of discontent and disappointment , mpg,gears,traction on snow,computer problems etc,etc and to top it all lack of concern from Nissan.

Oh No Have I Done The Wrong Thing and Bought A LEMON.

Can anybody reinstall my enthusiasm.

Jukeda.

·
Registered
659 Posts
1 I love my car
2 The mpg is poor and I want it fixed
3 Not been taken seriously so far by anyone up the food chain - made to feel it's my fault or my expectations are too high
4 If they sort it out soon I shall be more than happy
5 I'm not ready to rubbish the car or Nissan yet....not yet....

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I agree with ABSOLUTELY everything Jayannley has said

I love my car and am very proud to drive it
I love the equipment in the car - good value for money
I love the colour - WHITE!!!! - WOOHOO!!!

but what more than makes up for that is

I HATE the fuel consumption
I hate being made to feel like a stupid idiot who drives ina way that is causing this poor MPG
I hate to be made to feel guilty for moaning

but i would love a RESOLUTION and am glad that this forum is helping us out.

Fee x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
feefeeglasgow said:
I agree with ABSOLUTELY everything Jayannley has said

I love my car and am very proud to drive it
I love the equipment in the car - good value for money
I love the colour - RED

but what more than makes up for that is

I HATE the fuel consumption
I HATE people on the end of the phone who dont always know what they a talking about and dish out rubbish

I hate to be made to feel guilty for moaning

but i would love a RESOLUTION and am glad that this forum is helping us out.
I too agree with all of the above

1 - 20 of 24 Posts