Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is only one reason you'd buy a Nissan Juke........because you had somehow broken free from your straitjacket"
- quote from Jeremy Clarkson in The Sun today.

A bit harsh!! ???

·
Registered
377 Posts
Good! I am definatelya little bit mad, most of my family would say a lot mad, I would hate to own a boring run of the mill super car

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
With you there sallyspud. Who would want to be like him, he looks like an extra off last of the summer wine....

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Its a break from the norm

·
Registered
162 Posts
Clarkson??

He has hated every Nissan he's ever driven on Top Gear, with the exception of the GTR.

However, some of us who have to buy cars in the real world, with our own money and not a huge and obscene salary from the BBC (and kickbacks from various car companies!) buy Nissans because they are practical, reliable, reasonably cheap and pretty stylish! Yes I wish I could afford a huge Mercedes, but balls to him!

Ouch!

·
Registered
452 Posts
No wonder they call it "Auntie BBC". They should have a clear out of woosers like Clarkson, his two cohortsand Jonathon Woss to boot,all a waste of space and licence payers money!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, well said everyone!

That quote was a preview for the full article yesterday where he slagged down every Nissan.....but the Juke won as his most hated Nissan. That's enough of that.

As you say ....forget the V12 supercars, it's the Juke for me.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Don't forget that Clarkson is an entertainer, that's all he knows. If he doesn't like something, he isn't going to brush it off and not mention it, he is going to slam it in style. Same goes for something he likes, he's going to make it out to be the best car you will ever buy.

I've heard a lot of people say "if it isn't a supercar it's no good in his books" but that is rubbish, I have seen plenty of episodes where he highly rates small hatchbacks.

He just doesn't like the Juke, and has to make his opinion stand out no matter what it is.

However, go to the Top Gear website and they cite the Juke as;

"Not quite as useful as the Mini Countryman, but more fun to drive, and a
lot more special to look at. Plus, it is built in the UK"

&

"Nissan's quirky little quasi-off-roader finds another niche we didn't know existed... and nails it"

·
Registered
162 Posts
Those quotes sound a bit more like it!
I love it when people compare the juke to the mini countryman. The countryman is stupidly expensive compared to the Juke. I saw a comparitive test on Youtube between the juke, the countryman and the VW toe-rag. It was an American review. They cost $25k for trhe juke $35k for the mini and $58k for the VW, and they really loved the Juke saying it was the most fun!

Hooray!

Edited by: Ouch!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts