Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Placed an order two weeks ago for a Juke Accenta 1.6 Premium, but in hepatic blue. No one else seems to be buying that colour. Has anyone else ordered this colour? When enquiring today about changing to Arctic White (as my car wont be ready until Jan 31st) was told I would have to pay an hefty VAT cost as when I placed the order it was the cut off but now order would have to be cancelled and placed again (even though my order wouldn't have been sprayed and Arctic White not metallic). Is this fair?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have ordered the 1.5dci Tekna in Haptic Blue, there are a few of us on the forum with this colour

·
Registered
367 Posts
We've got the haptic blue! Waiting until end of Jan isn't as long as some are having to wait.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pick up my blue juke this morning (happy its not a "common colour") - went into dealers couple of days ago there were 5 in there - all ordered and awaiting pick up - ordered mine beginning of September.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lozza Ha11 said:
Juke Accenta 1.6 Premium, but in hepatic blue. No one else seems to be buying that colour. Has anyone else ordered this colour?
No one's buying that colour because it looks and sounds like Harpic Blue!!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
hi it is fair in as much as you are ordering after cut off because you are chnging the order, some dealers may absorb it themselves but by the letter of the law its correct, I would not be happy if it was me but you may want to consider this the extra VAT is only around the difference of metallic paint so you probably would not end up paying much more if anything, delaying your order will be a bigger isssue

main point YOU should buy the colour you want not what you think everyone else will like after all its you that is spending the money. if you are worried about resale i doubt it will make any difference

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
367 Posts
poplady said:
Lozza Ha11 said:
 Juke Accenta 1.6 Premium, but in hepatic blue. No one else seems to be buying that colour. Has anyone else ordered this colour?

No one's buying that colour because it looks and sounds like Harpic Blue!!
I'm glad I've GOT my "HARPIC BLUE" car as you so call it and heh at least I'm not having to wait for it either!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
It counts as a new order so the VAT has to be paid by someone. The dealer could absorb it but probably won't as demand is strong.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Looks good in blue. I think the white is a bit stark.
Blue gives it a more refind look.
White a bit more boy racer

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for that. I do think it's a nice colour, but thought it looked a little masculine afterwards. White seemed abit more girly (although someone has just said it's a boy racer colour)!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for that, looks like I should have considered the implications of this. Yes you are right that it probably wont make much difference in cost afterall, I will decide on the basis of the one I like the best. Cheers Guys (and girls of course)!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Definitely get whatever colour you're comfortable with. If you go into the gallery section, there are pics of both white and Haptic blue which should help you. Personally, I like the white and think the blue is a little too conservative, but I'm a 32 year old male who's still a boy racer at heart

·
Registered
377 Posts
You must follow your heart, so to speak, or you'll always have in the back of your mind I wish i'd had......

I like both the white, its very striking & blue. I wanted blue, but it looked to me like a silvery blue if that makes sense & I wanted something completely different to silver as id had that for nearly 8 years.

Sometimes the less popular colours can be more sought after later & turn more heads now as they can stand out from the popular colours everyones seen before.

Jan isnt too long to wait, mine should have been Jan, its now March!

At the end of the day colours are personal choice & like Marmite, you either love them or hate them, but if you love it, what does it matter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone who says they don't like the blue actually seen one??It is a really distinctive blue - it has a glittery effect to it - but not silver !!! (in some lights it even seems to have a greenish look) Picked up mine today - really impressed -I like something a bit different to all the silver/black/white cars on the road and this fits the bill ...

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have seen the blue, it looked gun metal with blue mix to me, it was outside on a dull day, but it wasnt a bright colour. I did like it, just I wanted somethingcompletely differentafter my zinc silver Xtrail. The only colour I didnt like was the brown, sorry to anyone who does. But even that in the showroom light looked like it had a purpleyglittery sheen, as the sales guy tried to explain it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi, I took all the advice, followed my heart and have changed the orderto a white Juke. It wasn't taken badly either and didn't really cost any more as I was not paying for the metallic paint so everybody happy!
Incidently, all of the colours look even better with the Chrome pack which just sets the car off somewhat!

·
Registered
659 Posts
I may consider a bit of chrome, Lozza. Good luck with your white.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts