Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The collision avoidance system on our 2020 Juke has the annoying habit of coming on for no apparent reason causing the car to come to an emergency stop. It’s been back to the dealer twice now and they can find no problem with the system and claim to have had no other customers reporting it. Apparently, the sensors/ radar cannot be adjusted nor disconnected. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The collision avoidance system on our 2020 Juke has the annoying habit of coming on for no apparent reason causing the car to come to an emergency stop. It’s been back to the dealer twice now and they can find no problem with the system and claim to have had no other customers reporting it. Apparently, the sensors/ radar cannot be adjusted nor disconnected. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
I’ve had it twice, the first wasn’t too bad but the second was scary. I was pulling away at a junction with lots of cars around. I switched off the eco mode and was easier to drive

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve had it twice, the first wasn’t too bad but the second was scary. I was pulling away at a junction with lots of cars around. I switched off the eco mode and was easier to drive
Good to know we’re not alone and thanks for the ‘eco mode’ tip. We’ll give it a try. It’s happening about twice a week and particularly when it’s windy. The dealer thinks it could be something as simple as some leaves or other debris blowing across the radar in the front grill! If it is, bit of a design flaw I would say....

·
Registered
417 Posts
Ours sometimes will detect people walking on the pavement, more so if there is a bend in the road.
Slight touch on the power brings the car under control of the driver.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The collision avoidance system on our 70 plate almost comes on flashing with every journey. Cars 3 months old and been back to nissan 4 times nissan say there is no fault code and they have can not get it to fault either.... it sounds like im going mad and nothing better to do with my new car than take it back for the fun of it. Nissan claim this is a normal thing. Its very frustrating, also there are a few other niggly faults,
i.e
when I've had the rear window wiper on and stop the car, it doesn't automatically start up again. I have to reset the arm.
When we have the heater on with screen, once the screen is clear, we turn it to heating only, it turns the AC on...

Can anyone advise on this

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi I have 20 plate new juke exactly the same is happening with mine. emergency braking for no reason. really frightening driving at 70mph and that happens. been in twice 3rd time today nissan dealer awful no help last time in put 100 Miles on clock dented my door took paint off and said nothing wrong and no one else has complained. clearly there is a major issue. recall by nissan is needed suppose to be 1 of the safest cars and I've had 5 jukes and this is the worst and unsafe to drive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi I have 20 plate new juke exactly the same is happening with mine. emergency braking for no reason. really frightening driving at 70mph and that happens. been in twice 3rd time today nissan dealer awful no help last time in put 100 Miles on clock dented my door took paint off and said nothing wrong and no one else has complained. clearly there is a major issue. recall by nissan is needed suppose to be 1 of the safest cars and I've had 5 jukes and this is the worst and unsafe to drive.
hi new to site,I have a 70 plate juke and the auto collision braking light is flashing on dash.It is booked into local dealer to have a look.Nissan have recalled some models for this fault but as mine is only 2 mths old it is not in the range.I think it is possibly a software fault but will they do anything about it.
will update when been to dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi new to site,I have a 70 plate juke and the auto collision braking light is flashing on dash.It is booked into local dealer to have a look.Nissan have recalled some models for this fault but as mine is only 2 mths old it is not in the range.I think it is possibly a software fault but will they do anything about it.
will update when been to dealer.
Hi good luck with your dealer, had mine back yesterday after yet another week said nothing wrong no fault codes coming up and told me I'd need to have a accident ie a crash before Nissan will do anything. To say I was upset and annoyed was understatement. Last year quashqui recalled thousands of their models senor in bumper was faulty yet they saying not the case on jukes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi your not going mad mine been going in
The collision avoidance system on our 70 plate almost comes on flashing with every journey. Cars 3 months old and been back to nissan 4 times nissan say there is no fault code and they have can not get it to fault either.... it sounds like im going mad and nothing better to do with my new car than take it back for the fun of it. Nissan claim this is a normal thing. Its very frustrating, also there are a few other niggly faults,
i.e
when I've had the rear window wiper on and stop the car, it doesn't automatically start up again. I have to reset the arm.
When we have the heater on with screen, once the screen is clear, we turn it to heating only, it turns the AC on...

and

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi your not going mad yet nissan dealership with make you think you are !!
Just had mine back 4th time saying no fault code coming up nothing wrong. Yet soon as I have it back same old. Was told i needed to have a crash or accident for nissan to do anything.. Trust me this isn't a normal thing sudden braking for no reason. Good luck with yours

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the exact same issue with my 1 year old juke... I nearly caused a pile up on the motorway as the brakes suddenly came on as it picked up the traffic queueing in the filter land to come off at a junction! It happens at least once a week but Nissan say there is no fault!
I also get the ‘system failure’ warning light every few days, they said the sun, rain or dirt on the sensor would trigger this... Ridiculous!
I have to remember to physically turn off the automatic braking each time I drive the car otherwise I don’t feel safe driving it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
i.e

My collision avoidance kicks in with a system malfunction. I was told a wipe of the front radar will do the trick. I'm literally having this issue every drive. Entire system goes orange so none of the safety features are available.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes!! This happens to me all of the time, I have had a few near miss accidents because of it and a bike went into the back of me one time! It’s ridiculous, the garage say there is no fault and it didn’t happen when they test drove it but it happens to me all of the time. They suggested I turn it off but the problem is you have to remember to do this every time you drive the car as it resets... And you are turning off a safety feature that is supposed to make driving safer. I literally am anxious driving the car now...

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a real problem with my 2020 Juke as well... and in my opinion is a major fault with the car. I'm taking it back again next week but I know they will say to me that their diagnostics show no fault. The service manager told me he is fully aware of the faults though ... as he had experienced them himself driving the car and they have had other owners with the same issues.
I refuse to drive the car without turning it off but yes we shouldn't have to do this. Nissan needs to fix this problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any update on your situation?

·
Registered
2 Posts
i.e

I recently took mine in and it seems as though it was caused by me pressing both brake and accelerator or long holds on the break followed by the accelerator. I previously had a habit of using both feet in auto cars. It seems this causes the malfunction which creates a domino effect. I have had zero problems since using one foot. If it's manual i'm not sure my case will be much help.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The system is too sensitive. Pick up pedestrians on the footpath mostly at bends in the road.
Did work correctly when a car several yards in front suddenly braked, if a vehicle following me had rear end me they would have been traveling to close behind me in the fist place.
Also noticed when the system comes on, cars following now hang back as I override by putting my foot lightly on the accelerator.

·
Registered
1 Posts
None of you guys are going mad i have also bad it on my 20 plate only done 7000 miles done it frim day 1 had car in 3times i recently changed garage and lo and behold they tell me that they now have a soft ware update available but are the only garage in north east to vet it as yet had it back 4 daysnow and it seems ok at last dint know why it's took so long but it's out there now socheck with your garage

·
Registered
22 Posts
We have recently purchased a 70 reg Juke which had the emergency brake problem,
Nissan have a software update, which the dealer has done on, the vehicle. 3 weeks ago
it has not come on since We live on the Lancashire border

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I've got the same fault as you. I have a 70 plate Juke and the other day my wife was driving it and the car just decided to do an emergency stop .when she told me o thought she's cracking up anyway I went out 3 days ago and it did the same to me very very dangerous my car is a motability car .and I can hardly walk so need my car. Rac guy told me he going out to 4 of these fault every week.nissan have told me they have replicated the fault except it didn't brake on its own .they said they will keep it a bit longer and do some more tests on it .I don't think I want it back after reading these people problems it could kill you it really could

1 - 20 of 30 Posts