Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like discovering unusual collective nouns like a “A Body of Pathologists” or “ A Clutch of Car Mechanics”, so how about these:<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
A Jamboree of JUKES ?
A Pride of Juke owners?
A Winge of VW’s
A Gaggle of Yeti’s
A Crash of Hot Hatches
A Boredom of Fords
Etc etc
Now over to you to improve
Lister

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Lister39 said:
</font></font></font>
A Boredom of Fords</font></font></font>
</font></font></font></font>
</font></font></font>Now over to you to improve</font></font></font>
Lister</font></font></font>
have to disagree I think Ford is very innovative these days, have you seen the latest?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Just hope that no one parks to close to you, or you won't get out.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
FACT gullwing doors require less room for opening than a conventional door .

they go up not out

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
they still use less space to open than a convential door which dispels your statement that if someone parks to close you cant get out

·
Registered
45 Posts
Geoff_Juke said:
Just hope that no one parks to close to you, or you won't get out.
You could just climb out over the top. aha

Gullwing doors surely will become the order of the day...

·
Registered
912 Posts
Quite alot of concept cars are being fitted with gull wing doors, but when reading about them, they usually state that gull wing doors will not be fitted to the production models. Then why show these cars with gull wing doors, if they have no intention of making the cars without them. It doesn't make any sense. I think that eventually most of the sportier cars will have them.
One particular type of door, that seems to be a flop, is the rear hinged rear doors of the new Meriva. I think Vauxhaull thought that this old idea would have boosted their sales, but there are not that many of these new Merivas on the road. The new Zafira due out early 2012 is to be produced with convential doors. I think the Meriva was a bad move on Vauxhalls part.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
The reason why concept cars have gull wing doors is so that car shows you get great access to the car!

The Vauxhall did not sell cause it's a VAUXHALL

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yup Geoff, I was thinking the same thing too after an uncle got the Meriva. His soncostantly swings the door into hisbrother's facet. Those doors should be (maybe) unique to sports cars and the Rolls, just for exclusivity sakes. Or maybe if you to 'pimp your ride'

·
Registered
912 Posts
Lady juke said:
The reason why concept cars have gull wing doors is so that car shows you get great access to the car!

That's utter rubbish Lj, Nothing wrong with Vauhalls, Iv'e had them for the past eight years, would have had the Meriva, but for the doors and would have had the new Zafira if it had been ready for this year (the present modelis now five years old).
But instead we decided to try the Juke. Mind you, glad we have, after test driving it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Rear hinged doors are fine. I wish the Juke had them, like the concept did would make access to the rear far easier as the back doors are so small

·
Registered
45 Posts
Geoff_Juke said:
Lady juke said:

That's utter rubbish Lj, Nothing wrong with Vauhalls, Iv'e had them for the past eight years, would have had the Meriva, but for the doors and would have had the new Zafira if it had been ready for this year (the present modelis now five years old).
But instead we decided to try the Juke. Mind you, glad we have, after test driving it.

The Corsa is quite popular among the young 'uns

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
My last car was a corsa and when it came time to upgrade i really wanted the Corsa VXR but the new mrs said "we need to think to the future and get something more family orientated" well thats egg on her face as i still got the Turbo and have you ever tried putting baby rubish in the boot?
hehehehe :D
And LJ, not more telling the mrs about expensive pushchairs and what nots!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Lady juke said:
Ok MB.

Sorry Geoff but I have been very lucky with my choice of cars and have never or ever visit VAUXHALL

Lj
Fair do's Lj, but I have never had any problems with them. Still time for a change I suppose. Looking forward to the Juke

·
Registered
912 Posts
The new Astra is a very nice car, but it is too low for the wife, as she has dificulty getting out with her false leg. That's why we presently have a Zafira and are going for the Juke. They are both higher off the ground, which maskes getting in and out easier. I agree the White Astra does look great, but we can't have a base colour as Motability cars have to be Metalic or Pearl. The only Pearl White Juke is the 4x4 and we can't have one of those either on Motability or the digT 2 wheel drive, because of the higher insurance.
Never mind I will be quite happy with what we are having.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts