Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Haven't got my Juke yet, but when collecting a new car I take a LED torch with me to inspect the paintwork.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I was lucky and got a full tank of fuel but others got hardly any and were worried as to how far it was to fill up. Just ask how much is in the tank.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I grab a coffee, ask to be left alone and give the vehicle a good once over, then look nover again. Open all the doors, check doors seals, trim and fittings etc.I recommend taking a friend along. They will be looking at the car without the "I just want it" look.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
My dealer was great and took an hour showing me round the car and explaining how all the gadgets on the Tekna worked.
My hubby took care of the mechanical / bodywork checks.

Remember once you drive away it is difficult to go back with a dent or scratch you spot once home!

Lj

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Lady juke said:
Remember once you drive away it is difficult to go back with a dent or scratch you spot once home!

Lj

·
Registered
555 Posts
Well i will be taking the misses - fussy little mare she is.

Glad she does not come on here.
Yup Give the Paint a good look over - in daylight if you can ! not inside showroom.
Trim:Checkseat beltswork / lock into place.Check Headrest movement up / Down.Check seat position movement - for / aft, up / down etc etcCheck Seat trim for Threads hanging out - can be pulled easily - especially with Kids.Check seat trim for obvious colourdiscolouration/ marks / burnsetcCheck Rear seats fold and lock.Check speedometer - for miles on clock !!Check interior lights Work especially dashboard lights.Check Hazards work.Anyway,there'ssome good pointers there for you , Even though im excited about getting mine i will be fussy about inside Trim - ITS My profession CarInteriorseat systems and trim.
To be truthfully Honest the cars do get a verythoroughcheck even before we get them . But dont be shy , Dive in !

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've got two major concerns about picking up my Juke (AKA my first new car ever).

The first is that I'll find something that's wrong with it

The second is that I'll be too eager to have-it-now that I won't be able to not take delivery.

(sometimes double negatives are justified)

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
If anyone is picking up a model with the nissan connect. Turn it on and check the date of the Satnav maps. i have no idea how to do this so maybe ask the salesmen to show you.
I think they should be 2011 maps or very late 2010. Some people have mentioned that the 2011 pickups come with newer maps AND speed camera information.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm afraid I just grabbed the keys, signed the bit of paper and drove off. Probably foolish but I wanted to get to know my new partner without an audience gawping at us both. Fortunately I've had absolutely no issues and we're still very happy together 6 months down the line.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the dealer install window tint on the front windows...just noticed a few small air bubbles! I'll talk to the dealer today...I've only had my Juke for a couple of weeks...Edited by: pedrochin

·
Registered
329 Posts
Apart from the normal bodywork checks, the main ones are:

Check you have the users manuals/service book etc - INCLUDING THE CODE FOR THE STEREO.

As mentioned by Fee, make sure youve got the locking wheel nut.

If you paid for mats/flaps etc, make sure you have them in the car.

Buy or order a touch up pen for the future - Nissan lacquer is very soft! (all Jap cars are - German cars are hardest).

Andy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hiya enjoy your new car

just check the following as they werent working on mines

auto windscreen wipe
auto headlights
wing mirror auto fold in when locking car
windscreen wipers only have 2 speeds ie on and off , no intermittent and cantadjust speedspeed

going back into dealership soon to get them checked out

ps, also please remember to take both keys from the dealers as we drove off with only 1 as the car is keyless entry and has a start button ...felt a bit silly

1 - 20 of 20 Posts