Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Hope some of you can give me a quick answer on this. Left this to the last minute, sorry!

I am collecting our Acenta Premium CVT Red Petrol tomorrow. (Yay) Glyn Hopkin Buckhurst Hill.

What should I be checking on collection?

So far, I have found on the forum (along with related questions I dont know)

1. Paint match of bumpers
2. Orange peel paint (What is this?)
3. Ask if any damage in transport that was repaired
4. Check on version of GPS (how to check?)

What else should I be checking?

Also, how many miles should be on a new Juke?

Thanks so much --

Dan

·
Registered
72 Posts
Has the windscreen bottle got additive in it, have you got a spare tyre, does the radiator fan work !

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
dlavin said:
Hi there,

Hope some of you can give me a quick answer on this. Left this to the last minute, sorry!

I am collecting our Acenta Premium CVT Red Petrol tomorrow. (Yay) Glyn Hopkin Buckhurst Hill.

What should I be checking on collection?

So far, I have found on the forum (along with related questions I dont know)

1. Paint match of bumpers
2. Orange peel paint (What is this?)
3. Ask if any damage in transport that was repaired
4. Check on version of GPS (how to check?)

What else should I be checking?

Also, how many miles should be on a new Juke?

Thanks so much --

Dan
Q2, I'm guessing orange peel paint is slight ripples in the paintwork.Like cellulite ripples on a persons thighs.
Q4, No need to check what version it is.It's stored on an sd card which needs inserting into the unit.Should be the same version for us all in the uk.
Q5,I had 4 miles on the clock.They'd taken it down the road to put a tenners worth in.Others have had a few more miles on.
I'd enquire as to how much fuel is in the tank.You don't want to drive off as high as a kite and run out of fuel down the road.
I just did a walk around the car making sure the bodywork was ok

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
orange peel is a factor on most cars these days
Nissan have never managed to get the bumpers to match the car and their isnt a lot we can do about it if you look on the dealers forecourt you will probably notice all the cars are the same
check round the car make sure your are happy with ask what ever you like before you drive off you are the customer they will answer anything you ask

·
Registered
1,082 Posts

Extreme example of orange peel paint, but it gives you an idea.I recommend grabbing yourself a coffee and walk around the vehicle checking it out in different angles. By the time you have finished your coffee is should be enough time to give it the once over. Tell the dealer to give you some space while you do this. Look over the car as if you are washing it
Anything you think looks out of place say, and if you aren't happen with the reply make sure the conversation is recorded somewhere.As previously posted, on many cars there will always be a slight difference in the colour between plastic and metal. Japanese cars in general are the poorest example of this, the paint is very soft.Anything more than 5 miles on the clock I'd question.If you have a friend who good with cars etc bring them along. Having someone who isn't excited has you for picking up their new car really helps. Fresh eyes spot more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So if orange peel, do I insist they fix it?

Have dealers been doing so, or are people just living with it?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
ITS the way modern paint their isnt a fix unless it looks like the pic above as that is wrong
I am sure you have nothing to worry about they do check them over prior to dispatch and dealer should check prior to pick up just check it ove point out anything you think is amiss and ask dealer what he thinks
Sounds like you are worrying about rumours more than real issues

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
dlavin

Hope you picked the car up ok...

Was everything ok for you???

JukeofYOrk mentioned the SD card in the Nissan Connect - I would still check it to make sure it states its 2010 spec as some Qashqai owners were given 2007/8 spec cards in their 2010 Qashqais.....?

Let us know how you get on

Fee x

1 - 11 of 11 Posts