Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am scheduled to collect my Juke (1.6 Tekna Red) next Wednesday (20th). The Dealer told me when I ordered that I would need to go in to the Dealershipand select a number plate / finalise finance etca few days beforehand - but only when the car has a chassis number.
Can anyone advise when the car should have this number? Also when should I be being requested to go in and sort everything out?

Thanks!

·
Registered
873 Posts
The car gets the chassis number when it is built. I got a choice of registration plate before that though...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Stormrider - Maybe I cannot go through the Finance Approval process prior to having the Chassis Number?

·
Registered
210 Posts
The finance would have been the first thing to be sorted out and approved, My dealer phoned me and hour after ordering to say everything is ok your finance has been approved and you Juke ordered.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
same here i got approval from finance the day i ordered, chassis number was known as build was started
registration isnt issue for me as i have a private plate to put on it which dealer has

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
210 Posts
I might be wrong, but I wouldnt have thought the chassis number would be known on day of ordering, they probably dont know untill the dealer get a shipping notice from Sunderland of what cars are coming,chassis numbers numbers would be given then.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
my dealer told me chassis number is available to them once the vehicle is on the production line
maybe someone in the know can answer this question for definate

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just called the Dealer and he confirmed that I now have a chassis number and he supplied my Reg Number - so all set for next week (touch wood).

·
Registered
272 Posts
we picked the reg number on day of order. simmo.

·
Registered
56 Posts
So do we get a choice of number plates?

My dealer hasn't mentiond this yet.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Bibi said:
So do we get a choice of number plates?

My dealer hasn't mentiond this yet.
Usually a dealer will have a batch, so you may be choosing between AB60 ABC, AB60 ABD, AB60 ABE etc
So if one means something to you, you can nab it. The days of dealers being able to get AA60 AAA are long gone; the DVLA keeps back anything it thinks it can flog.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts