Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visia 1.6 Petrol White

Hi again,

And I thought my problems were over. After I had ESP light coming on, and then discovered
that the master cilynder was leaking, and it affected the servo, and that's why the ESP light was coming on. Nissan changed the parts and after 8 days with a loan car (Nissan Note!!!) I collected my Juke, only just under a week, ESP light came on again, and this morning I took it back to Nissan.
They had a good look at it, and unfortunately it was nothing to do with Software update.
There is a leak on the clutch? Very odd!
They now have loaned me a Qashqai, top of the range!
But its not my Juke!
Today is exactly 2 months since I collected it.
I cannot believe this is already the second major problem.
Has anybody experienced anything like these two problems, or is it just me?
I love the car, but I am now losing confidence in it, and as I travel to Italy 2/3 times a year,
how can I have peace of mind that I can travel problems free?

I would like to hear from anybody else that can expand on any of the above.
Thanks and Wish all the members a very Happy Christmas

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I am really sorry to hear of your woes, can i say though that it is highly possible that both the clutch and brakes in part share the same system for the fluid, i may not be expalining this very well but on some cars its common to have one fluid reservoir for both brakes and clutch so it may be the same fault only explained to you in a different manner this time,
a couple of memebers here are tecs so if I am wrong they will put you right
hope its all sorted soon for you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, yes I had the same problem. The ESP light came on and then I couldn't get it into gear at all as the clutch didn't seem to be working. The dealer had it back for about a month and said it was due to a faulty pipe leaking fluid from the clutch. Its back now and seems ok. Hope you get sortrd soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
I got my Juke back, and it now seems tha mechanic misdiagnosed the first problem, which was to
do with the master cilynder leaking, and affecting the servo too.
It now seems the problem was always to do with the Clutch leak, so they fixed it for now.
The only problem is now I am completely unhappy with this particular car, as I am not sure what is what. As I travel to Italy 2/3 times a year,I told the dealer I DO NOT want to keep this car, as I do not trust it will be reliable, so they ordered me another one, exactly same specs and deal, and it should be delivered in February?????
Thishas been promised to me by a Director of the Board of the dealership I bought the car from.
So I think i should trust him.
Hope my faith on the Juke will be restored.
Have a lovely Christmas everybody

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Thats exceptionally nice of them, as they are not obliged to do that, if they have agreed to swap the car in February I hope you agreed, do you have to pay them anymore money etc or is it just a straight deal? what excellent service sounds like a reputable trust worthy garage to me.

·
Registered
84 Posts
That is very gracious of them name and praise as I think it is a gleaming example of post sales customer service!

Sorry about your woes as I know I'd be spitting fire by the 2nd fault.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Seems like a few issues are starting to show up. How many problems have members had with new cars in the past?
It was always the reason for me buying used cars in the past, my reasoning was that all of the issues would have been fixed by the time I got to buy the car............ Any stories? I bet there are.
12inch

·
Registered
3,309 Posts

I bought a 58 plate 1.5DCi Renault Megane Mark III in Feb 2009. (new)
Within 2 days - it developed a VIBRATION whilst cold which resulted in car going back for 4 days to be fixed. They said it was a fuel pipe retaining clip. It happened again and they took car back after stating the fault lay with a faulty air box resonator. They had car in for 4 weeks by this point. (Transpires there was a recall months later which diagnosed the problem as a faulty diesel return pipe)

The noise remained but by then my dashboard developed a rattle, the rear view mirror fell off and the glove box didnt fit. To add insult to injury - a faulty sensor was diagnosed for my auto dimming mirror and auto headlights. They then discovered it needed a new wiring loom.

By this time - my 7 week old car had been the garage for 6 weeks and I wrote to Carlos Ghosn of Renault who along with Renault CS - replaced the car for a like for like model and £250.00 compensation. i traded the replacement in for my Qashqai.

Cant complain though - Renault Customer Services were good overall and communication was excellent - just a pity Nissan CS doesn't do such a good job

Fee x

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Since my last post, I have received a confirmation in writing from Nissan, confirming their commitment to me, in replacing my Juke. Latest news it should be here at the beginning of February. NO cost to me at all, not even the cherished Number plate transfer.
Yes I must admit they are very very good.
Will post a note when I get it.
Happy New Year to all.
N.B. I went to Southampton today, approx 70 miles there and back, and had a fantastic ride.
I really enjoy this machine.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
That is a fantastic result for you - Well done - pity you had issues in the first place but hats off to them that they have done the right thing

Keep us posted on your replacement

Fee x

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi everybody,
had a call from my Nissan dealershiplast friday. My replacement Juke has arrived, in fact earlier than expected.
Asthey have to transfer cherished plates, apply the Supagard treatment, etc. it will take about a week for delivery, but they kept their word.
So I should enjoy my new Juke within a week.
I am obviously grateful to all involved in Nissan - Wallisdown.
Good Jukeing

·
Registered
81 Posts
k22edd said:
Hi,
I got my Juke back, and it now seems tha mechanic misdiagnosed the first problem, which was to
do with the master cilynder leaking, and affecting the servo too.
It now seems the problem was always to do with the Clutch leak, so they fixed it for now.
The only problem is now I am completely unhappy with this particular car, as I am not sure what is what. As I travel to Italy 2/3 times a year,I told the dealer I DO NOT want to keep this car, as I do not trust it will be reliable, so they ordered me another one, exactly same specs and deal, and it should be delivered in February?????
Thishas been promised to me by a Director of the Board of the dealership I bought the car from.
So I think i should trust him.
Hope my faith on the Juke will be restored.
Have a lovely Christmas everybody
I hope people are not getting fobbed off by the dealers. are you all aware the Juke has a cable clutch so where does it leak from ??????

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I dont think he was fobbed off as they have just given him a brand new replacement car
as he wasnt happy having had 2 faults with his original car. are you sre they are a clutch cable
I dont have a petrol so cannot comment but wouldn't have thought Nissan would replace a car if it hadn't had a fault

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah I'm sure, because of potential leaks I check my own just to make sure it wasn't leaking and low and behold there it was a cable on the link that operates the clutch, then checked the clutch pedal, cable not a rod that would be there if it was hydraulic. Lastly there is only one master clyinder for the brakes !!!!
maybe mines different !!
but I dont think so.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
only point I can make is reference the master cylinder some cars use the brakes reservoir for the clutch pedal,thats just for future reference. in this case looks as thought hey a cable but in case of this op he did have 2 issues which were resolved but he wasnt happy so they are giving him a new car

1 - 20 of 23 Posts