Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not my Juke, thank goodness.
Friends spotted what they thought was husband's car driving in an odd place and phoned to see why we were there. Except we were at home with the car on the driveway!
Called the police who have noted it. Advised hubbie to carry ID to prove who he is just in case he is pulled over rather than the clone.
So waiting now to see if its used in a robbery or its a stolen car and sold on with our plates.
Personalised plate. At least made it easy to prove to the police that we weren't the clone.
Bet the idiots didn't realised it was a personalised plate when they cloned it.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
oops not good, be careful with this one, I know of someone that had a long battle to prove he wasn't where police claimed him to be when the clone was done for speeding
other issues include thefts from garages( petrol) etc
unfortunately its a growing crime and not much we can do to prevent it
the law is supposed to stop people making plates without proof of ownership but its easy to get round
just look at the number of online number plate sellers that do not ask for ID

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
deks36 said:
oops not good, be careful with this one, I know of someone that had a long battle to prove he wasn't where police claimed him to be when the clone was done for speeding
other issues include thefts from garages( petrol) etc
unfortunately its a growing crime and not much we can do to prevent it
the law is supposed to stop people making plates without proof of ownership but its easy to get round
just look at the number of online number plate sellers that do not ask for ID
Think that we were very lucky that we have managed to report it before being notified of any crime and that it was easy to prove we were not the cloned car's owners over the phone.
Reason number 534 to have a personalised number plate - your friends recognise it easily in odd locations.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Well - we can all do our bit to help ourselves!
Can we NOT</font> post Registration Plates !
All you do is invite trouble from these idiots !Hence i removed all the reg plates i found in my Gaydon pics - its very easy to do !
Ok some of you may not mind and thatsyourchoice - but believe me likeDeksas said - get caught on the wrong side and its a nightmare !
thx
Edited by: snout

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Snout you are right in what you say but everyday life and use leads you open to cloning
unusual for a private reg to be copied but there you go having said that it is easier to remember a distinctive one
one good thing for a new model unlikely to be in the clone bracket for a few years just like and unusual car( unless crook has one he needs to clone to flog.
Alot of clones are merely crooks avioding the law(tax MOT insurance) its so easy to find a plate to copy anywhere , car parks driving along the road etc
yes its more likely on the net as they are further away and not so likely to bump into you
also I have heard of a case where a garage once put the same number on 2 cars at new
SELF PRESERVATION
however i dont mind my plate being shown but some do and as you did its right to block out plates without owners permission to use( maybe i should do that myself)oops

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had a Honda Accord and the garage put almost the same number plate on the nextAccord they soldsame colour same model and it lived close to me. Ihad many attempts to get in to that car in Sainsbugs. Friends would complain they waved and got blanked. It took a while to remember to check the reg before attempting entry. That saying I did franticly try getting into a Juke that was the same colour but in the next row, fing key wont work, whats up with it moment. Should have gone to Specsavers came to mind. LOL

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
haha did that at the meet got into lazyjukes and went this isnt right too tidy for mine
oops wrong car

·
Registered
219 Posts
snout said:
Well - we can all do our bit to help ourselves!

Can we NOT post Registration Plates !

All you do is invite trouble from these idiots !
Hence i removed all the reg plates i found in my Gaydon pics - its very easy to do !

Ok some of you may not mind and thatsyourchoice - but believe me likeDeksas said - get caught on the wrong side and its a nightmare !

thx
Snout
Ive taken the plates off. Is this what you wanted?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts