Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new Chrome antenna the same size as the original one today and I think looks really smart, got it off EBay.

D.

Edited by: Skyway

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
ooo dont forget to take pics. But i think it might be hard
to keep clean?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi skyway -can you advise which chrome aerial you bought that fits ok cheers John

·
Registered
912 Posts
Skyway said:
Bought a new Chrome antenna the same size as the original one today and I think looks really smart, got it off EBay.

D.
I bought a Richbrook anti theft chrome ariel a few weeks ago, ready to put on my Juke. It has a spare extended rod, to give you the option of a longer ariel, but I will keep with the short one, as it looks better.

·
Registered
912 Posts
If you cannot unscrew it by hand, try using a set of mole grips on it, so thatthey just nip around the ariel base, it should free it.

With the Richbrook ariel, you get several dual screw adaptors, choose theonewhich fits the Juke ariel base. Screw this into the socket on the roof of your Juke, by first puttinga bit of locktight onto the thread,this will stop it from unscrewing again. Then screw the new ariel onto the male end of the adaptor without using locktight and lock this on using the small allen key screwwhich you can see on the bottom of the chrome ariel. If you want to remove the ariel, just use the allen key to unlock it again.

·
Registered
912 Posts
ianfreeman said:
Done! Looks good but will probably get nicked.

It shouldn't get nicked, as they are anti theft ariels. Thats why they have the allen key to lock them on. Did you locktight the adaptor in place?
They do look much better than the Nissan ariel.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts