Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I remember about 6 years ago when i bought a new car the slesman turned his computer around and i was able to pick from several registrations. Does anybody know if this happens now?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
dealers are allocated certain reg numbers in groups so if your dealer is friendly it is likely he will give you the choice of numbers available to him that havent already been allocated
this isnt the same a personal plate you will only get the choice from his allocation

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
hmm, when is the number plate allocated to the car?
if i phone my dealer up a week before its delivered would he be able to show me said list?

·
Registered
377 Posts
We spoke to our dealer about it, the last new car we had we werent given a choice we just got what we got. So we mentioned it to the dealer & he made a note about it. Might be worth contacting them or mentioning it when they confirm your delivery date.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Thank ladyJuke, all credit must go to Kates tho since my skills stop at making a smily face in MS paint :D

·
Registered
555 Posts
Anumber plate can only be issued once the vehicle as been given a VIN (Vehicle identification number) at the OEM Then when its passed off to sales it will be registered to DVLA Which in turns triggers the Reg Plate you get.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
last bit isnt quite right as the dealer has an allocation of plates to choose from and its the dealer that selects the reg from his allocation to assign to individual vehicle its also the dealer that logs all the info inc reg number with Dvla
VIN is also allocated by Nissan as soon as build is assigned

·
Registered
555 Posts
deks36 said:
last bit isnt quite right as the dealer has an allocation of plates to choose from and its the dealer that selects the reg from his allocation to assign to individual vehicle its also the dealer that logs all the info inc reg number with Dvla
VIN is also allocated by Nissan as soon as build is assigned
Yes your right, OEM = NissanThats what i meant but did not make it clear. The reg plate cannot be assigned until the vin number is assigned.

·
Registered
247 Posts
in conclusion...

Should I expect to hear from my dealer before delivery to go in an pick a plate? And if not, is it something I can call them and ask about at some point? Soooo many 11 possibilities

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
you can call them but as I have said before you will only get to choose from their allocation if you want something you desire then you will have to purchase a plate thru DVLA

·
Registered
247 Posts
That was the best-case I was hoping for, actually. Thanks.

I remember the first few times I bought a mobile phone, they turned the screen around so I could pick from their available numbers - but that doesn't seem to happen any more.

Likewise I remember going with my grandparents with them to pick up their new car and doing likewise with the plates. Sure it wasn't a vanity plate, but they still got my Nan's initials at the end.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
yes sometimes you can get lucky and have a good plate for free or you can be like me and pay for a 60 plate free is always better but thats life

·
Registered
873 Posts
I got a choice between about 6 or 7 '60' plates by email, but it was my dad doing the registration as the manager of Westway Oxford, so can't comment on standard practices!

·
Registered
104 Posts
We choose our number plate back in november when we brought our car from jfe nissan exeter they had a little book with all hand written number plates in it and we picked one and they put our name and model in the book. When we brought our fiesta from vospers exeter we just had a letter in the post with the number plate, was disappointed with this as that was the 1st brand new car we ever brought and was quite excited about picking the plate but thus didn't happen. It would be worth asking though after all they can only say no! Edited by: yellmandy

·
Registered
247 Posts
Stormrider said:
I got a choice between about 6 or 7 '60' plates by email, but it was my dad doing the registration as the manager of Westway Oxford, so can't comment on standard practices!
That's where I've ordered mine from... I've just emailed to ask if I can pick mine so if you wanna put in a good word for a fellow club member there's a pint in it for you at the meet

·
Registered
83 Posts
Asked salesman when they recieved the new 11 registrations. he said on the 14th of Feb. Phoned on that date and was offered 12 choices. Chose one ending in JKE on my red Tekna.
Result

1 - 20 of 22 Posts