Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know for a fact that the chassis number is released before the car is built as i work in the industry, just want to know if the dealer will release it, thanks scoobs

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
chassis numbers are allocated to a vehicle once its build slot is known, you can only ask the dealer if he has it, if he is friendly their is no reason not to tell you .

·
Registered
277 Posts
This thread, has made me call my dealer to check if they have my chassis number allocated.

And the answer was:-
"Although your car was built on the 50th week, this has been scraped and a new one is being built, so now delivery is due end of Feb".

I asked what they meant by being scraped, and they replied that at the end of the production line, they found some faults and decided that it's not good enough to sell, so they build a new one.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
lorrfal said:
This thread, has made me call my dealer to check if they have my chassis number allocated.

"Although your car was built on the 50th week, this has been scraped and a new one is being built, so now delivery is due end of Feb".

I asked what they meant by being scraped, and they replied that at the end of the production line, they found some faults and decided that it's not good enough to sell, so they build a new one.
Maybe it missed the paintshop 2nd stage and ended up as a white one, realising their mistake they sent it round again.......
May the force be with you soon.............
12inch

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
lorrfal said:

In the name of the wee man - you would have thought they would have couple of new onesspare and could have used of one them - What a piece of nonsense....

There must be cancelled orders somewhere to save another month...

Poor you

Fee x

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
They should have allocated the next one produced of your spec to you and put everyone else back one. That's soo unfair.(even for a red one).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
According to a friend of mine at Nissan Sunderland there was 160 cars taken out of the schedule that week.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think i will give the Dealer a call closer to the time (2nd March) thats if they get there problems and shortages sorted out. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
60 Posts
ok to clear things up the car is giving a chasise num when the panels are pressed in press shop and scraped cars do happen a couple a week and all cars are built to order so if your car was scraped unfortunatley theres no spare's all the parts are re-orderd and the car gets rebuilt there are 100's of dif specs for all the places we deliver to so it's just not poss to just re-jigg the build tell me the spec u orderd il see what cars where scrapped then ill let u know if its true or more likely the huge parts probs where having

·
Registered
60 Posts
Kelso said:
160 in wk 50 tho, 600 in wk 3 and 4 = overtime cancelled = 1200 lol.
yup didnt check the date of the post sorry but its going to get worse theres no overtime thro march niether tale anther 3k out of the build there too the suppliers are struggling like mad no k9k engines part missing for the 1.6 no cvt's we'll end up building micras lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah looks like we are going to be red lining March, i think my DCI is going to be late lol.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts