Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've just got the bad news that the delivery date for my Force Red 1.5 dCi Juke has been put back from 14th Dec to 15th Jan 2011 - and I'm not very happy!! The dealer has offered me a Juke in Gunmetal Grey with the same spec for delivery in December. We both like the red version but haven't seen the Gunmetal Grey in the flesh - the colour chart in the Juke brochure just shows tin cans in various colours!! Has anyone got a picture of a Grey Juke as we need to decide fairly quickly??
Thanks..

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have the Force Red but I've seen the Gunmetal and it is a good colour. I'd say that people who like the Red will probably appreciate the Grey.

Mine is the best car ever though.
Diesel Tekna Red.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I hope this doesn't apply to my order which is for the Force Red. I was originally looking to buy the Gun Metallic colour but I wasn't fussed when I saw it in the flesh.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the links.We have decided to go for the Gunmetal Grey, lets hope this one will be delivered on time!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Jonno
My humble opinion for what it's worth is the gun metal is far nicer. Have seen both in the metal. Just depends on your taste and what you prefer. But I think the gun metal suits the car better than the red (no offence to those with red!). Hey, I'm waiting 5 months in total (from Sept) to get the one I want, so if you're keen on the red I think you should wait for it.
Bibi

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good choice. Mine is the Gun Metal colour and it looks absolutely superb, in my opinion much nicer than the red. It is also worth considering that it will have a better resale value when you do come to change it in 3/4 years time.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Carlos Valderrama said:
Good choice. Mine is the Gun Metal colour and it looks absolutely superb, in my opinion much nicer than the red. It is also worth considering that it will have a better resale value when you do come to change it in 3/4 years time.
and prey do tell why the gun will have a better resale value than the red

·
Registered
484 Posts
Well said deks,I was going to ask the same.

Least popular colours will be harder to shift, not most popular.

·
Registered
42 Posts
As someone who has family in the trade, and you will also find that Parkers guide back me up. Silver and black cars sell far better than any other colour, therefore you will get a better trade in value as this will be considered or you can ask a slightly higher premium because you have a car in a more desirable colour. Even if your resale value doesnt go up significantly, you will find it far easier and quicker to sell.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
absolute rubbish, I am in the trade, think you will find that value will only drop for cars in awkward colours ie brown and possibly the haptic blue, and gun grey is not silver or black
i think the Gun will be worth the same as the red tbh as some people wont go for red and some wont go for grey but to believe your grey will be worth more in 3 years than any other standard popular colour is disillusional.
Just for the record mention the word grey to some people they will run a mile its like saying green

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yes I agree total rubbish over the years we've had a variety of differnet colours and the only thing that makes a slight difference is metallic/non metallic paint - oh and thanks for the comment on the "awkward" colour of haptic blue deks36!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Sorry Alicat, personal choice I am not so keen on the blue and it appears to be less popular i may be wrong and probably am, I doubt its used value will be any less as than other colours

·
Registered
56 Posts
If I hadn't got the red Juke i would have gotten the gun metal one. Its a sweet color , but the red with the red interior simply rocks.

·
Registered
754 Posts
But no-one is buying purely for the re-sale value. We are buying because we love the car. So putting up with a non-favourite colour just because it may, or may not, be worth an extra £200 (assuming 50% depreciation) in 2 or 3 or 4 or.... years time really isn't worth it.
I've gone for the white, which may be the new car colour of 2010 and so may look really dated by 2013, but who cares and will it make a difference?

·
Registered
367 Posts
deks36 said:
Sorry Alicat, personal choice I am not so keen on the blue and it appears to be less popular i may be wrong and probably am, I doubt its used value will be any less as than other colours 
That's ok deks36 it would be boring if we all like the same anyway ours will be worth more as it'll be unique

1 - 20 of 23 Posts