Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the audio system will play .OGG compressed files when ripped from CDs and transferred to USB stick or CD? or do they HAVE to be .MP3?
Thanks.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have a simular question as I would like to know if the USB stick will show thesynced albumswhich are in folders as seperate albums on the connect screen, as I do not wish to buy an iPod or Mp3 player.

Have emailed Nissan UK and they say refer to the hand book once I take delivery. For which I have no date as yet, could be June!!!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay so we wait for a nice person who has looked at the manual or is willing totry it out for us. I don't have my car yet either as you will see by my signature.

·
Registered
29 Posts
bakertech said:
Have emailed Nissan UK and they say refer to the hand book once I take delivery.
In the meantime, why not just download a PDF copy of the manual:

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/refgh0v/og/Juke/2011-Nissan-Juke.pdf

Any problems PM me your E-Mail address and I'll send you a copy

Note: This is for the US version, but close enough for most puposes - this linls jas been posted previously but won't hurt to do it again I hope.
Edited by: theforestdweller

·
Registered
175 Posts
For the USB question.. the Connect or Standard Audio will play any compatible files as they are arranged on the USB stick (i.e. separate folders for separate albums will show as discrete albums on the display)..
For .OGG files.. no idea... the audio will play .mp3 and .wav I believe - but if .OGG is not supported then I'm sure there must be loads of freeware on the internet that can convert to .mp3...?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Forestdweller - I will look at the .pdf5523 - I have all the necessary software, thanks.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Stormrider - it seems to support AAC files also as these are what is recorded on iPods. It is possible to convert audio files to AAC if required but, I will stick to plain old MP3.
Thanks again everyone - I can now rip all my cds ready for the big day.
Edited by: Dougal

·
Registered
175 Posts
Dougal,
Why don't you just buy a USB stick? They are so cheap nowadays and saves all that CD burning?
Not saying you're wrong, just interested...

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
5523_Juke said:
Dougal,
Why don't you just buy a USB stick? They are so cheap nowadays and saves all that CD burning?
Not saying you're wrong, just interested...
I think, looking back through the thread, that he is ripping them - not burning them - with the intention of using them on a USB stick.

12inch

·
Registered
412 Posts
Dougal andall you other guys, thank for the comments about the music.

Dougal we ordered our Juke 4x4 on 26th January, but as previously stated, no delivery datecan be given. Therewere 190 UK cars on back orders for this model when the order was placed. How soon were you notified of a possible delivery date for yours? I agree with you, "which May/June".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts