Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have them check the brake sensor

I had this same problem on my 2013 Juke - intermittently not starting where everything turns on but it won't actually start the car. After 5 - 20 button pushes, you might get lucky and it finally starts. Other days, it will start with the first push and there's no problem. My dealership drove it for days and finally got it to reproduce and found that the brake sensor was bad. So it was only sometimes aware that the brake was pressed, and of course won't start the car if it thinks you aren't braking. I just got the car back today so can't say for sure that the fix worked. Posting now though because I'll forget later, so if you don't see an update to this post, then that means it worked :).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had the same problem with my '14 Nissan juke (AWD CVT). I checked the tail lights, and sure enough they were not working. There are two brake light switches, one single and one double switch. I was able to make the double switch fail, it fails when the plunger does not push back out all the way. No one has this switch in stock, and it costs 40-50 usd.
After pulling the switch apart you will find there are two springs, a long skinny one, and a short wide diameter one. My switch looked bran new, with absolutely no visible wear or dirt. over 3 years it seems to have developed additional friction that is barely past the point that the spring does not over come the new additional friction. For a TEMPORARY FIX, I stretched the long skinny spring so that it is about 25% longer now. This preloads the plunger with more force. After reassembling the switch, I cannot make it fail. I re-installed it, and have my fingers crossed until the replacement switch arrives.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It’s the clutch peddle switch push the clutch down and spray some wd40 on it it may be stuck to replace it it’s a 10 min job get some one to press the clutch an you can see it it’s in side the foot well

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nissan Juke Starting Problem - Brake Switch

I had the same problem with my Juke. From forums I concluded that the problem was with the brake switch. Since the brake switch got only mechanical parts (no electric or electronic parts), the problem is therefore only mechanic. I removed the brake switch (located just above the brake hand) and noticed that the white rod was not fully released. That is why with several pushes of the pedal the brake switch fully releases itself and the engine starts.
The solutions are as follows:
1.Replace the brake switch with a new one
2. Dismantle the switch carefully which is not very complex and clean the contacts. The common problem is that the spring (longer one) is faulty and this does not allow the switch to be fully released indicating the system that the brake has not been pushed and the car cannot start. Fortunately the spring is same size and length that the one in most common pens. I replaced the spring carefully and up to now my car starts right at FIRST push.
So it costs me just a spring from a spare pen!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having problems with my Juke. Stop start button not working. Radio and lights turns on but car not starting. I took it to the dealer 2 days ago and they said they fixed it, told me some adjustment to the breaks was needed. Today same problem, my car would not start. I have send it back hoping it will be sorted out properly this time. Has anyone had same problem and how was it resolved please. Am worried it's a problem that will cost me an arm n a leg.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts