Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

You know those popular hand car washes that have sprung up all over the uk, where you take your car and guys wash it at the speed of light for £6 or so, are they reliable, do you trust them with your new Juke??

Thanx

DuncsEdited by: snowysdad

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I have used the one in my local town seem to do a good enough job for meeach one will be different and none will take the care you would pro's and con's for use

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
As long as they don't use any kind of brush you should be alright.
I miss being abel to drive through the car wash.
I don't even let the kids wash the Juke.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts

The funny thing is that a polish car wash set up in MK next to an ARC.
Within a couple of months the ARC had shut, six months later and the polish boys bought the ARC site.

Now for £6 they pre spray the car, jet wash, hand wash, then jet again...... you then drive onto the conveyor and the car is foamed and waxed, water sprayed and then the air blowers. You drive out and it's hand dried.

The pics I've post on the forum are after all this and it looks amazing.
Juke does get a wash by me once a month.... as it's the best way to find any problems and give him even better detailing

Lj Edited by: Lady juke

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
nothing wrong with a good hand job,unless it is a bit of

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've used the conveyor ARC washes with all my cars and never had a problem. Juke has been through already

·
Registered
231 Posts
I like to use our local car washing service - 'Daisy'....... She always has a queue around the block, she's seen here washing one of the more 'common' red Jukes

Rocks is not going to be happy, as Daisy is only using the '1 bucket and 1 sponge' method!!

Edited by: Bo & Luke Juke

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just look at all that foam on the bodywork, will take a lot of washing off and drying. Any helpers?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Plus the button on her shorts must be causing all sorts of scratches

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi again

Tried the "washers"........4 different scratches due to dirty cloths.....never again!!!!!!!

Duncs

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
snowysdad said:
Hi again

Tried the "washers"........4 different scratches due to dirty cloths.....never again!!!!!!!

Duncs
You mean when then clean the towels by jet blasting them on the floor isn't good for your paint work

·
Registered
220 Posts
Stopped going to the cheap Hand Wash places..They drop sponges , cloths and zips on thier shell suits scratch the bodywork.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I wouldn't let anyone else near my Juke to clean it. Love doing it myself anyway, it's what Sunday's were made for.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts