Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the second time my car has dropped water on my right foot at the gas petal while driving. One time was while I was driving in a heavy rain storm when I took a left hand turn. This last time was after a rainstorm and I got in to go for a drive, turned it around in my driveway and about a half a cup of cold water fell on my foot. It is coming from underneath the dash. I took it to the dealer and he said they could not find the problem, they checked for leaks at the windshield and seams and found nothing, although they saw where the water trail was, so it's not like they are saying there is no leak! They blamed it on the unusual amount of rainfall we have been having..lame. They will not do anything about it, they gave me the number to call Nissan! I have not done that yet. Perhaps I will have to build a garage and only drive it on sunny days or wear a rubber boot on my right foot so I don't ruin my shoes! Just curious to see if anyone else is having this problem.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Wetfoot,
Rest assured Nissan now know about your problem this morning as I know they read this forum on a regular basis and any concerns are taken seriously. Always a good idea to give the number a call though as it can't do any harm and may speed things along and get your wet feet rasied to a higher level.
BSOT

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Definitely call or e-mail Nissan, as the Nissan that monitors this forum are in Britain and I suspect the OP is not.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I stand corrected, if wrong, but I believe I read, some time ago,that a lady in the States had the exact same problem, that proved virtually impossible to solve.
I believe she was eventually offered monetary compensation, which she refused, saying all she wanted was a "dry Juke".

I believe, in the end she was given a replacement car.

Pardon me, if some of the details are incorrect but it shows the problem does exist in other vehicles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Back in November, my nissan juke had a water leak in the boot and rear driver's seat and footwell. GlynHopkin (St. Alban's) quoted me a minimum of £398. In the end I took it to a garage that my brother recommended in Southgate, and they fixed the problem for £40 and gave me a car wash to boot. I am now seriously considering whether I should continue getting my car serviced at GlynHopkin - maybe I'm getting ripped off there as well? I wanted to post this message here as the fellow above reckons that Nissan read this forum regularly and I hope they take note of this.
There is something else I would like to complain about: we took the car for a service which includes a car wash and yet when we collected the car we noticed leaves in the boot creases. They said that the interior of the car is not included in the car wash. You wouldn't sell the car like that to a new customer, so why give the car back like that to an existing customer??

·
Registered
998 Posts
Just thinking aloud, Do you park near small leaved trees ?

Externally
Have they checked in the wiper motor trough, under the black grating just below the windshild, have the drainage holes in there blocked, at one end is a 2 inch drainage hole at the other end it is only 1/2 an inch. Having seen where the heater air intake is positioned in the middle of that trough then I would not deem it to be impossible that any trapped rain water in there, could under cornering, flow into the heater air intake.

·
Registered
998 Posts
To Mevlana, my leak was the same, making drivers side passenger and drivers footwells wet. My leak was on the drivers side rubber pipe between the roof and the tailgate which carries the rear washer pipe to the tailgate, there was nothing wrong with the rubber at all but re-sealing the joint into the roof with mastic cured it. Once iside the car the water was running around the drivers side rear wheel arch and into the footwells.

·
Registered
998 Posts
This Joint.jpg click on picture to enlarge

For others who may get wet carpets the picture shows where my leak was on the rubber joint, I pulled it out and re-inserted with a bead of black mastic underneath it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Back in November, my nissan juke had a water leak in the boot and rear driver's seat and footwell. GlynHopkin (St. Alban's) quoted me a minimum of £398. In the end I took it to a garage that my brother recommended in Southgate, and they fixed the problem for £40 and gave me a car wash to boot. I am now seriously considering whether I should continue getting my car serviced at GlynHopkin - maybe I'm getting ripped off there as well? I wanted to post this message here as the fellow above reckons that Nissan read this forum regularly and I hope they take note of this.
There is something else I would like to complain about: we took the car for a service which includes a car wash and yet when we collected the car we noticed leaves in the boot creases. They said that the interior of the car is not included in the car wash. You wouldn't sell the car like that to a new customer, so why give the car back like that to an existing customer??
Hi, Do you know what was done to fix the problem? I am having the same problem but my car does not have a sun roof but still have still have water in the back seat and the floor. Do you still have details of the garage?

regards
BT

1 - 11 of 11 Posts