Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My youngest son who's only 7 and one of the smallest in his class was excited about going to school in the Juke for the first time.My wife and older son had got in and were ready to drive off and wondered why he hadn't got in yet.Apparently he can't reach the handles as they're placed so high up,lol.That's only on a flat surface.He can manage as long as it's parked next to the curb.Bless him.

·
Registered
31 Posts
AWWW! Poor wee sole you'll just have to stop next to a higher kerb in future-bet he was still chuffed all the same. My two can't wait till April till ours arrives!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I can barely reach the boot handle when its open to close it again, have to stand on tip toe

·
Registered
39 Posts
Being vertically challenged myself I do struggle to close the boot lid when it's open. My DD who is 9 is like an old lady trying to get into an arctic Lorry when she gets in. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
The 1st week we had it we had snow and I asked her to try and get in without getting too much snow in the car. To turn and see her trying to get in bum first only to witness her walk backwards into the car....
All that said she absolutely loves it and spent the next few weeks wondering which of her friends would be 1st to get a lift in it...

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jukest3r and Marie. High heels are needed for you two. I'm sure having a Juke more than makes up for these little inconveniences. At least you've got a nice high driving position.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
feefeeglasgow said:
Keep a wee folding stool in the boot - will come in handy for all sorts of things.....

Fee x
Wouldn't recommend carrying stools around.Think of the smell .Not to mention the flies

·
Registered
206 Posts
feefeeglasgow said:
Keep a wee folding stool in the boot - will come in handy for all sorts of things.....

Fee x
Yep for painting your car red

·
Registered
540 Posts
JoY - Next to the 'curb' you moved to the States then. I know their curbs are higher than our kerbs but, it's a long way to go just to open a door LOL

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dougal said:
JoY - Next to the 'curb' you moved to the States then. I know their curbs are higher than our kerbs but, it's a long way to go just to open a door LOL
Thanks Dougal. Don't think anybody else noticed.
Still,I'm sure you'll agree I got the "color"right

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I have just picked up my new Juke today and my little boy who is 3 was very upset he couldn't open the door himself... he said " Mummy where are the handles"

·
Registered
659 Posts
Try scraping the ice off the windscreen! I can't reach the middle.

PLUS I took it in the carwash and the aerial got pushed horizontal. Opened a rear door and tried to perch on the door-sill to reach over the roof and re-erect it
. Not a chance. Fell off! Nobody watching.

Will have to enlist a tall person!

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lady juke,seems kids are going to have trouble reaching the door handles.
Jayannlay, my wife can't reach the centre of the windscreen either and she's 5' 6".

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'm 5'2". I suppose I get a quarter of the way across the windscreen with my scraper. More time sitting on the drive. Hey, the de-mist is good!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Dear Jayannlay

I have never scrapped a windscreen...... Hand warm water in a water can chucked over windscreen and away you go

don't use hot or you can crack the screen...... My husband worked in Sweden and used this trick all the time..... All our neighbours now use the same method after watching how quick it is

1 - 20 of 29 Posts