Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
my dealer told me if i cancelled the order i would lose my deposit
best to go to them and see what they say they may offer to refund it its not like they will have any trouble shifting you even be able to argue that you are cancelling due to delays/breach of contract

·
Registered
129 Posts
My dealer's small print states that I'm allowed a refund if I give them notice in writing and if the car hasn't been delivered "within three months of the estimated date". Presumably this means that as my first estimate was the end of the September, if I don't get the car by 31st December then I'm entitled to my deposit back.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sorry to hear about people thinking about cancelling I have my Juke its worth the wait plus I was never asked for a deposit orpaid one must be lucky

·
Registered
754 Posts
My deposit was refundable if I wasn't happy after the test drive.

·
Registered
142 Posts
mine too, plus I only gave £200 I can afford to walk away from that if I need to... I'd rather not though but best to keep your powder dry!

·
Registered
118 Posts
holeymoley27,

hi! sorry to hear that ur planning to cancel your order. what kind of juke are you waiting for, is it petrol or diesel? as far I know diesel are coming out end of november or next year. I understand how waiting annoys for i feel the same too. Anyway, goodluck and hope you can have it soon.

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
holeymoley27,

as far as i know, you can cancel your order and have your deposit back after 28 days of the agreed delivery datebut it depends on your dealer.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I checked the agreement I have with my car I have just now(no, not the Juke). If my dealer has not delivered the car within 21 days of agreed date then I can write a letter canceling the agreement if the seller cannot deliver the car within seven days of receiving my letter.

I would therefor have to wait till original date of delivry was due then write the letter and make sure it went by recorded delivery then assuming no hold ups with the mail I could walk into my dealer say, eight days later and ask for my deposit back because the dealer would then have broken the contract.

You have to be careful though because the seller may be a finance company and not the car dealer.

Hope this helps - you would have to check any agreement wording that you have on your finance documents whether you are buying outright or PCP or what ever.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had to give Glyn Hopkins a deposit £500

·
Registered
575 Posts
£500 deposit from me as well.
£200 is very generous! I've brought a lot of new cars in recent years and £500 seems to be standard

1 - 20 of 25 Posts