Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a Juke, but I have a question 1st.
I know the Juke has 60/40 rear seat folding option. Is it possible to fit 2 kids (11 & 8) if I folded the /40 bit down?
What I mean would the 2 seat belts still work for them? the reason I need this is probably a one off, for cases for travelling to an airport (3hr journey), would it be ok to do this.
I had a quick look at a dealers today to look at the boot. It looks real small really, sloped so a problem I think if you stack cases on for example. I did notice a plastic insert under the cover, I could take this out and leave it at home for extra space? but at a push may need the /40 option.
Anyone confirm this for me pleasethanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
im thinking take out the plastic insert to fit cases in vertical - hope it works as mine are 8 & 5 you should still be able to use 2 seat belts with the 40 bit folded down it would be a bit silly if you couldnt imo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
craigie said:
im thinking take out the plastic insert to fit cases in vertical - hope it works as mine are 8 & 5 you should still be able to use 2 seat belts with the 40 bit folded down it would be a bit silly if you couldnt imo
Do you use car seats with these? if so what type? Just remembered about those, surely there wont be space for 2 child seats with the /40 folded down? Or do you use booster seats that are ok? At the moment the youngest still sits in a car seat with back, although, I thik he should be ok for a booster seat now only?

True, just different cars, have different means of seat belt, seat arrangement was wondering on Juke. I'm hoping that taking out the insert then I can fit them in to, but when I looked today, the insert is a smaller hole so unsure. As I said the boot although looks decent size, because for the shape of the car, the slope is steep so anything, eg case, would not fit standing up I suspect
<div style=": rgb255, 255, 255; margin-left: 1px; margin-top: 1px; margin-right: 1px; margin-bottom: 1px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; ">
acrorat said:
I've done that with my Toyota Yaris Verso, with no problems (put eldest kid on the 'loose' side).
You mean in the middle sort of speak not the window seat?
cheers

Edited by: MrMan111

·
Registered
195 Posts
My question is: How often are you going to be going to the airport? If like me you go to the airport maybe twice a year then do what I do and get aTaxi. Don't let something small get in the way of buying a fantastic car. Just my point of view.

JOWEdited by: Jukeofwellington

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jukeofwellington said:
My question is: How often are you going to be going to the airport? If like me you go to the airport maybe twice a year then do what I do and get aTaxi. Don't let something small get in the way of buying a fantastic car. Just my point of view.

JOW
I would normally but this year I cant, its not my local airport, so have to take the car.
<div style=": rgb255, 255, 255; margin-left: 1px; margin-top: 1px; margin-right: 1px; margin-bottom: 1px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; ">
ProceSS said:
depends how big they are - children
<div style=": rgb255, 255, 255; margin-left: 1px; margin-top: 1px; margin-right: 1px; margin-bottom: 1px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; ">errm a normal size 7 and 11 year old?!? not sure what that is like, but they look normal to me

·
Registered
93 Posts
Stack the kids one on top of the other ! Or put cases on back seat and kids in the boot !

Sorted !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kennyp said:
Stack the kids one on top of the other ! Or put cases on back seat and kids in the boot !

Sorted !

Believe me at times I (<s>do)</s>wish I could!!!!!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
My suggestion would be to totally remove the boot cover (hinged floor bit) -

and remove the plastic tray inside also that would make the boot a helluva lot deeper and all you really need is the tyre GUNK etc that is there already.

That way you would have a lot of space and might not need to put the kids in a trailer on the roof rack!

Fee x

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeh when I had a look in the dealers that looked best option, I'm not sure what else should be in the plastic tray, and there wasn't anything in it at dealers. I believe there is no spare tyre, just a can of tyre stuff to get you to a garage.
I notice that it states your an Ex-Juke owner now, can I ask why? you not happy with car? why?
cheers

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yes you can still fit two kids in with the 40 folded. The seat belts still click into place. I don't have a spare with mine - just an inflation kit...so taking the plastic tray out would definitely give you a stack more depth...
I'm sure Fee will go into more detail about why and wherefores, but essentially not happy with MPG of the DCi..I've got a DIG-T, so I'm fairly confident that MPG is going to be pretty pants...but love the car!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
feefeeglasgow said:
My suggestion would be to totally remove the boot cover (hinged floor bit) -

and remove the plastic tray inside also that would make the boot a helluva lot deeper and all you really need is the tyre GUNK etc that is there already.

That way you would have a lot of space and might not need to put the kids in a trailer on the roof rack!

Fee x
Fee's right..if you remove all the boot floor bits and leave the tyre or gunk for punctures..you'll have a very deep boot with ample room for cases.

·
Registered
561 Posts
"Fee's right..if you remove all the boot floor bits and leave the tyre or gunk for punctures..you'll have a very deep boot with ample room for cases."

thats a great solution for the non 4X4s.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts