Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here it is, rather than a debate about the best colour is there room for a debate regards gender in relation to colour?

I've ordered my Juke (company car) in White as this was a no cost option and wanted to save on tax etc. So bring on the tight g*t comments, anyway....

Went into my local Nissan garage last week and sat in a "red" Juke. Came away thinking the red is lovely and in a ball of confusion over whether I'd plumped for the wrong colour. Then on reflection started to consider the gender question, this was compounded after viewing this site and noticing most of the white jukes are owned by women.

So I'm left asking myself whether I am manly enough to drive a White Juke, bearing in mind it is on order I may have to just be all in touch with my feminine side and get all new man about this, whilst growing my stubble to assert myself as having a rugged edge.......does that work?

Answers on a forum!!!!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
You'll be fine ............. just make sure your lippy matches the interior you have chosen

As long as you park it straight people will know a bloke is driving it

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point Rocks, close to the kerb, straight, and not taking up three car park spaces and they are sure to know! Problem solved

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kumaman, dont worry it’s not the ravings of a mad man.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
The Juke is not "my" car but I do have to take it to work twice a week. I too feel that in white (best colour) it is a little feminine, which is why I point blank refused to get a white Juke unless it had the dig-t engine because that instantly makes it more macho!

·
Registered
316 Posts
No

Should've got red

You'll need to keep a close eye on how much money you spend on clothing.
Not to mention how much time you spend choosing it.

And then there's toiletries, cosmetics, perfume, medication.......

OMG surely it's not too late to change that order is it?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Man up! It is just solid white paint, as used on a Transit van!
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
659 Posts
The vast majority of 'whities' on here are women though.

I wouldn't have one and I'm a woman!

It may be only white paint to Mez but.... silicone isn't just silicone. It's synonymous with the ghastly Jordan. And white Jukes mean........women.

·
Registered
415 Posts
As previously posted ther are at least 3 White Jukes on the Island and even seen today a White with Dutch plates.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nowt wrong with any external colour of the Juke. It's the RED interior that sets alarm bells ringing for me.

Any dude with that red console needs to strap on a pair!
Edited by: Juke of Hamilton

·
Registered
127 Posts
Kumaman said:
Thanks wingman, I shall consult my psychotherapist pronto!!

So the post WAS genuine...

Okay, so if I'm going to take this seriously, I want to point out that I personally cannot grasp the concept of you worrying about a colour reflecting your gender.

I can accept that different makes of cars can sometimes be gender specific but would still never knock a person for driving what they want... but the colour? Honestly, it's borderline pathetic.

I suppose you're one of those who sit in front of the mirror all day, too?

Make sure you do get the DIG-T engine, GOD knows what people will think of your testosterone levels if you don't....

·
Registered
147 Posts
**** yeah man!! if you're having those kind of doubt, you are in the need of a man's night out. You should be confortable with the options you make... And plus, since when white is a girly colour? Not from where i'm from. One thing is for shure, if every post to your topic would give you 1 cent, in a while you'd be rich.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Stop worrying, my hubby loves driving my new WHITE juke, and he is all man I can assure you. IMO the white looks more sporty and therefore surely should be fine for a man to drive it.

..................................however, I would like to add that my gay son was very keen onme getting a white one!!!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Kumaman

I would say you are one of a very special breed:

A man driving a white JUKE is a man in touch with his feminine side.....

My hubby loves driving the JUKE - and heres the man who does all the ironing, makes my breakfast in bed every day of life and a man who is just fabulous but is also a mans man

Dont let anyone tell you otherwise - if you like the white go for it.... Dont get the red it looks too pink!!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
30 Posts
feefeeglasgow said:
Kumaman

I would say you are one of a very special breed:

A man driving a white JUKE is a man in touch with his feminine side.....

My hubby loves driving the JUKE - and heres the man who does all the ironing, makes my breakfast in bed every day of life and a man who is just fabulous but is also a mans man

Dont let anyone tell you otherwise - if you like the white go for it.... Dont get the red it looks too pink!!!!

Fee x
Wow i didnt know they made sex dolls that advance, where can I get the female version?

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
White is solid and so the colour, was in Glasgow this week and saw three White 911's, all male drivers

It is not just a girls colour...... But proves us girls have great taste and are up with the times

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Next time Fee.

My husbands company is based in Scotland and he is there every couple of weeks.
I had a few spare days and went with him this time.

Juke stayed at home, was looking out for you thou x x x

Lj x

1 - 20 of 50 Posts