Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you may know ive had it up to hear with my dealer, at the time of odering I let them perswade me to get the Safeguard body treatment and GAP insurance i'll be buggered now if they are going to get anything extra out of me if I can help it, Can any of you think of any reason why I couldnt cancel both ? I cant think of any reason why not...butEdited by: Fontie

·
Registered
484 Posts
Not sure on the answer to your question.

Nissan quoted me about £350 for 'return to invoice' for 3 years cover. After a quick search I found directgap reasonable. A return to invoice policy with a 10k limit for 3 years is £114 or £199 for 4 years.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They charged me £250 for each £500 total. I dont want to give them the extra business after the way they have treated me

·
Registered
484 Posts
I don't see a problem to be honest esp' with the insurance just tell them you don't require it.

The dithering salesman tried to show me asafeguard demo. They had a bonnethalf with safeguard applied half without & when he poored water over it we both couldn't work out what was what. I said, no thanks I quite like polishing my car.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I am not certain but as you havent actually signed up for anything yet I cannot see they can enforce the agreement cooling of period etc and if they start qutoing you agreed etc just say you agreed to deliver on 7th Dec but didnt and if they dont like it just tell them to poke it where the sun don't shine

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I ever get to speak to the dealer (no contact now for 10 days) I will try and cancel. I think ive had the cooling off period seeing as I agreed to it when I ordered the car 14/10

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
car is not at dealers so they can't apply supa guard so that should be easy to cancel,
Gap wont be in force either as you dont have car so they should agree to that aswell,
I would just stand my ground and so no.
I think you are a fiarly mild easy going person, as if I had receieved half the treatment you have had i would have told them to stick the whole thing, fair play to you.
dont forget even if you do get the car you dont have to take it to that dealer for service or repairs any Nissan dealer will.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Although both should be easy to cancel, I would be curious to see how you get on. Are you part exchanging or did you manage to negotiate any discount on the list price of the Juke? I wonder if, built into your Juke and part exchange price was the profit element of the GAP and Supaguard.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After 10 days the dealer phoned me today full of excuses anyway after some arguing he put me through to speak to the business manager who could speak for England god it was like someone had wound him up and he wouldnt stop excuse after excuse, end of the day they regd the car in good faith that delivery would happen on the he said 6th I thought 8th but never mind and they arnt going to do anything..tough nuts basicaly. I was wasting my breath and gave up. Delivery now scheduled for Monday Im not holding my breath. I told him I wanted to cancel the Gap and supaguard he did that no problem. I am PX'ing my 6 year old Daewoo Matiz. The snow is forecast to die out this evening so you never know Moday might be the day Im not holding my breath though.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Doesn't matter if they reg'd the car in good faith thats not your problem they did it for their bonus
Have you signed for it ? so far you are 3 weeks into paid for by you Road tax
this company is truly taking the rise out of you

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the road tax is irrelavent, if they reg'd the car today and I picked it up on Monday it would have road tax ends Dec 2011 when they reg'd my car they taxed it 1 year 1 week so its expiry is going to be the same December. Per their terms and conditions I can cancel the car 21 days after delivery date and give them 7 days notice so on Dec 21 a recorded delivery letter will be on its way to Romford giving them 7 days to forefill my order or its canceled

·
Registered
329 Posts
deks36 said:
Doesn't matter if they reg'd the car in good faith thats not your problem they did it for their bonus
this company is truly taking the rise out of you
Bang on Deks...

They have used up 3 weeks of YOUR Road Fund Licence.....I would DEMAND a free set of mats or flaps for that alone.

DONT let them walk over you. even if you are are mild mannered person, always remember, its YOUR money and £14K ++++ is a LOT to spend, so dont take any Bullsh%t from them.

Andy

·
Registered
754 Posts
andytran said:
deks36 said:
They have used up 3 weeks of YOUR Road Fund Licence.....I would DEMAND a free set of mats or flaps for that alone.
If the car arrives next week, there would be a simple choice between accepting it registered for December or waiting til 1 January and getting an extra month's road tax and a 2011 first registration date BUT having to pay the extra VAT.
Due to the VAT increase its a no brainer.
Had this been a normal year and if you didn't need to car for two weeks it would make sense to delay taking it till January, but not this year.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Silver you need to read up on fontie the dealer registered his car on Nov 30th claiming they had to so he would avoid VAT increase, so he has had the V5 since 2 Dec car was promised on the 6th but still it isnt their, and dealer doesn't seem to give a stuff

by the way as far as I am aware VAT increase is applicable from the 4th January 2011

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
329 Posts
Dont forget -

The RFL IS relevent - cause if hed got his Juke on time, he wouldnt have to pay RFL on his trade in.
What if the trade in RFL expired on 30 Nov? Or what if hes going to cash it in? Thats one month less money he will get back!
I know its not a lot (unless you are currently running a £400 RFL Impreza or something!).

But its better off in your pocket, cause I can assure you, the dealer wont be out of pocket!

Andy

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey fontie, I an only 6 miles from heathrow, which is your dealer?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Should I name and shame, your right deks Glyn Hopkin. The road tax on my car Im px'ing runs out end of this month. I only went to Glyn Hopkin because a friend got his sazuki from them and recomended them. Huh some friend aye lol. Where are you brownjnr im in yeading.

Clue :- Elton once owned a football club here !Edited by: Fontie

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I have no loyalties I can work that answer out it was........................WAT (famous car maker with plant ay Dagenham)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts