Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, a couple of weeks back, my girlfreind and I were asked to join a couple of freinds camping in the new forest. Wonderful I thought, I get to take my New Juke on its first longish trip!
However, when i got home on Friday afternoon and saw what my Lady had got out for me to pack, I started thinking perhaps I should have bought a Navaro instead. Its quite surprising what you can fit into the juke with a bit of perseverance! The list goes somewaht like this:
4 Man tent
Double blow up mattras
Double sleeping bag with additional Blanket and two pillows
Fold up camping table/Larder
two fold-up camping chairs
two gas lamps
two camping gas stoves
SkottelBraai( BBQ if you dont know) and gas bottle
2 xTravelbag
Cooler box
2 x Trek Mountain Bikes
2 x Kayacks and paddles
Life jackets, Wet suits and towels.

Needles to say, I had to order a couple of roofbars a few days prior to departure, but they worked a treat and the kayacks did not prove too much of a hindrance to the aerodynamics of the car. The Montain bikes fortunately have quick release wheels and saddles and this was most helpful.
When we turned up at the campsite, everyone stared at the car....most not having seen a Juke before......Our freinds had already arrived, one with a trailer tent and one with a camper van....... They were amazed at what came out the Juke, however I did have one thought on my mind all weekend....................I prayed that it didnt rain on the day we packed up..................there was no way in **** was I gouing to put all this wet stuff in my new car!!! Fortunately it didnt! Im now thing I may have to invest in a trailer for the next outing..............or take the girlfriends POLO!!!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm off to a LAN-party at the end of the month. I'll be driving up to Telford and will be taking.

Computer
2x LCD Screens
Keyboard & cables etc etc

4 man tent + 2man tent for my mate
Double airbed
2x Sleeping bags
Camping Stove
2x folding chairs
coolbox & food
clothes & stuff for 4 days
Huge quantities of booze!

I may give you a report on how it all went into the car. If it fits.

Ouch!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found by taking out the plastic holder in the boot recess you can fit loads of stuff in there!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
jukecrazy said:
I found by taking out the plastic holder in the boot recess you can fit loads of stuff in there!!
Exactly what i'm going to do on Sunday when me and the by then new wife go away on honeymoon in my Juke.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hope you have a great day for the wedding......

·
Registered
20 Posts
JukeCrazy, how did you find it putting on the roofbars? We've just ordered the new feet (Thule 754) and adapters (Thule 1619). We already have the bars (Thule 761) and a roofbox from our Corsa, so we are hoping that fitting it all together will be a doddle!!I'm slightly concerned as I'm only 5'2" and could only just reach the Corsa Roof!We have a 5 man tent (for 2 of us) with footprint, carpet and canopy, and all the other stuff that goes with it, we were quite experienced at getting it all in the Corsa, so hopefully we won't have too much difficulty with the Juke.Any hints/tips that you have would be great.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Just come back from a week camping, just fold down the back seats and there is plenty of room :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been camping afew times with my Juke.

Just do whats been said before and take out the plastic shelf thingy below the boot floor and you have plenty of room. We also have roof bars and roof box (Thule fitting kit + Aero bars, and Autoplas 415l roofbox) and we can pack in everything we need.

We (myself, wife and two kids aged 10) went down to Paris over the summer and we packed in:

8 man tent
Tent awning
4 X camp beds
4 X camping chairs
2 X tables
4 X sleeping bags
4 X pillows
1 X gas stove (plus gas bottle)
1 X camping fridge
1 X coolbox
1 X electic hookup
1 X toaster
1 X electric kettle
2X electric lights
4 X holdalls for clothes
1X large bucket for sundries

Everything went in, and the kids where sitting comfortably in the back with there in car DVD players.

If you put your mind to it a Juke can hold a fair amount.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Plot241 said:
I've been camping afew times with my Juke.Myself, wife and two kids aged 10) went down to Paris over the summer and we packed in:

8 man tent
Tent awning
4 X camp beds
4 X camping chairs
2 X tables
4 X sleeping bags
4 X pillows
1 X gas stove (plus gas bottle)
1 X camping fridge
1 X coolbox
1 X electic hookup
1 X toaster
1 X electric kettle
2X electric lights
4 X holdalls for clothes
1X large bucket for sundries

Everything went in, and the kids where sitting comfortably in the back with there in car DVD players.
"Didn't he do well, Ladies and Gentlemen. He only missed off the cuddly toy and the Fondue set."

·
Registered
415 Posts
Jukecrazy as you mentioned aSkottelBraai, any links with South Africa?

·
Registered
169 Posts
jukecrazy said:
... Its quite surprising what you can fit into the juke with a bit of perseverance!
Glad to hear that. Nice. I'm a big camping fan and this is excellent news. However, you would've been surprised by what could be fit into my parents Trabant back in the seventies. And that was NOT a car. Anything else.

T

·
Registered
283 Posts
Lol -- I thought the thread was going to be about something completely different! lol

·
Registered
216 Posts
Plot241 said:
I've been camping afew times with my Juke.</font>

Just do whats been said before and take out the plastic shelf thingy below the boot floor and you have plenty of room. We also have roof bars and roof box (Thule fitting kit + Aero bars, and Autoplas 415l roofbox) and we can pack in everything we need.</font>
</font>
We (myself, wife and two kids aged 10) went down to Paris over the summer and we packed in:</font>
</font>
8 man tent</font>
Tent awning</font>
4 X camp beds</font>
4 X camping chairs</font>
2 X tables</font>
4 X sleeping bags</font>
4 X pillows</font>
1 X gas stove (plus gas bottle)</font>
1 X camping fridge</font>
1 X coolbox</font>
1 X electic hookup</font>
1 X toaster</font>
1 X electric kettle</font>
2X electric lights</font>
4 X holdalls for clothes</font>
1X large bucket for sundries</font>
</font>
Everything went in, and the kids where sitting comfortably in the back with there in car DVD players.</font>
</font>
If you put your mind to it a Juke can hold a fair amount.</font>
Do the do a Juke estate ? How the ****...?

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Mazza said:
Plot241 said:
I've been camping afew times with my Juke.</font>

Just do whats been said before and take out the plastic shelf thingy below the boot floor and you have plenty of room. We also have roof bars and roof box (Thule fitting kit + Aero bars, and Autoplas 415l roofbox) and we can pack in everything we need.</font>
</font>
We (myself, wife and two kids aged 10) went down to Paris over the summer and we packed in:</font>
</font>
8 man tent</font>
Tent awning</font>
4 X camp beds</font>
4 X camping chairs</font>
2 X tables</font>
4 X sleeping bags</font>
4 X pillows</font>
1 X gas stove (plus gas bottle)</font>
1 X camping fridge</font>
1 X coolbox</font>
1 X electic hookup</font>
1 X toaster</font>
1 X electric kettle</font>
2X electric lights</font>
4 X holdalls for clothes</font>
1X large bucket for sundries</font>
</font>
Everything went in, and the kids where sitting comfortably in the back with there in car DVD players.</font>
</font>
If you put your mind to it a Juke can hold a fair amount.</font>
Do the do a Juke estate ? How the ****...?
And take into account that it was only four 10 year olds "(myself, wife and two kids aged 10)" </font></font>
</font></font></font>Lj2
</font>

·
Registered
283 Posts
JUKEOFYORK said:
Oooh Matron ! So did I
LOL - Exactly, I was thinking more Gok Wan than Bear Grylls! More pink drinks, as opposed to surviving from drinking the sap from bark...

·
Registered
247 Posts
JUKEOFYORK said:
ddfred said:
Lol -- I thought the thread was going to be about something completely different! lol
Oooh Matron ! So did I

Fer crying out loud! Cut it out will you, I laughed so much I spilled me coffee!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts