Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a phone call this afternoon asking if my car can come in and have a computer update test with possibility on something maybe being replaced. Reckon that the test will take 1.5 hrs.

Anyone else had anything similar?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Lincolnshirejock said:
Got a phone call this afternoon asking if my car can come in and have a computer update test with possibility on something maybe being replaced. Reckon that the test will take 1.5 hrs.

Haven't heard anything but would be very interested to find out !!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Lincolnshirejock said:

There is a possibility of asoftware error within the Engine Control Module, it affects only vehicles built on the 28th and 29th of October

·
Registered
754 Posts
Maurice said:
Lincolnshirejock said:

There is a possibility of asoftware error within the Engine Control Module, it affects only vehicles built on the 28th and 29th of October</font>
How do you find out when your car was built?
My car arrived at the dealer on 3 November, so in theory it could be affected.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
12Inchmick said:
Which model do you have?
1.6 Petrol Acenta

silverjuke said:
There is a possibility of asoftware error within the Engine Control Module, it affects only vehicles built on the 28th and 29th of October</font>
Don't believe it could be this as I was driving mine from 28 Sep. That said could be something similar.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Lincolnshirejock said:
Got a phone call this afternoon asking if my car can come in and have a computer update test with possibility on something maybe being replaced.  Reckon that the test will take 1.5 hrs.Anyone else had anything similar? 
Make. sure you drop it off with all the keys.other wise only the ones that you gave them will work the imobaliser.

·
Registered
443 Posts
alan c said:
My diesel arrives next week, what does the e-news update on diesels say?
E news is how the dealer identifies if a car has any outstanding recall work.
Every time a car is booked in they check it for whats been or not been completed.
As your cars not even registered you wont have any recalls.
Don't panic theirs not many diesels sold, so i doubt if anyone on hear is ever going to see the mill come on as far as that problem is concerned.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My deisel was delivered on 6th Nov and it went back to the dealer on 17th nov as we noticed the ESP warning light kept staying on when the engine was started. if turned off and then on again it went off.

They put it on the computer and did some kind of software update, and it's been fine since.

·
Registered
58 Posts
scubafranandgary said:
My deisel was delivered on 6th Nov and it went back to the dealer on 17th nov as we noticed the ESP warning light kept staying on when the engine was started. if turned off and then on again it went off.

They put it on the computer and did some kind of software update, and it's been fine since.
I noticed that mine did that this morning. I turned the engine off then back on and it was fine. I guess I'll have to keep an eye on it!

·
Registered
443 Posts
caplyn_bass said:
scubafranandgary said:

I noticed that mine did that this morning. I turned the engine off then back on and it was fine. I guess I'll have to keep an eye on it!
Ok if you guys are in the UK you guys need to book it in and get the software error corrected.You will need to take in all the keys you have to get them re coded too.
Tell them is reffrence tec bulletin,PCB EC 10/01 Edited by: Juke-of-earl

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
that doesn't look good does it Nissan sent out a a bulletin for software upadate and us owners have to find out about it from a forum member if its an issue surely the dealers/Nissan should be advising owners
juke-of-earl thanks for the heads up on this one

·
Registered
443 Posts
Its only a very very few cars that are affected.
and its not a big problem as caplyn_bass noticed it goes away .easy fix

1 - 17 of 17 Posts