Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I thought I'd post this in case someone was having the same problem. We have a juke 1.5dci. It has had the anti skid warning light on for some time although it passes an mot every year. After checking the fault codes, it recorded C1130, and sometimes other spurious codes. C1130 error code reports a fault in engine signal 1. The diagnostic software states that if there are no faults in the engine system then check the ABS System. The engine system has no faults, but the ABS system registers C1130 and reports a possible fault with the ABS unit. Now the good news is that it probably IS NOT the ABS unit. I found my problem to be a blocked small bore pipe that runs from the exhaust manifold to a pressure sensor which is located just to the left of centre of the engine, mounted at the rear of the engine bay behind the plastic turbo intake. This small bore pipe is a pig to remove due to access, but if you remove the turbo pipes you can get at the sensor and remove it. Spray some brake cleaner down the pipe, if it doesn't drain down the pipe then you know it's blocked. To unblock it, purchase a gear cable for a push bike and cut off about a foot in length. Attach one end to a drill and feed the other end in to the pipe. Use a slow speed on the drill and be patent allowing the cable to go to work on the carbon build up in the pipe. You will know when you have cleared the blockage when you spray brake cleaner in the pipe and it drains away. Rebuild the car and the fault is gone! A bit of a long winded write up but I hope it helps someone and prevents someone spending a fortune on parts.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
thankyou for the information , even though it showed up c1130 error code it turned out to be a esp sensor on the front offside , the code reader did not show which wheel it was , i had a 1 in 4 chance of getting it right , i was very lucky and found it on the first attempt , only cost £18.00 for a new sensor , a lot cheaper than the local dealer

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to hear you got it sorted. I bought a Delphi diagnostic unit from ebay which was well worth the money. It's a lot better than a standard code reader as its more like something a main garage would use. I could check my wheel encoders with it so I knew the inputs to the abs unit were fine. You can even use it to check all your switches, and switch on almost any car function using the laptop. You can even use it to do a DPF burn, teach the steering, fuel injectors and the like. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
20 Posts
thankyou for the information , even though it showed up c1130 error code it turned out to be a esp sensor on the front offside , the code reader did not show which wheel it was , i had a 1 in 4 chance of getting it right , i was very lucky and found it on the first attempt , only cost £18.00 for a new sensor , a lot cheaper than the local dealer
Hey pstrech

How did you know it was the esp from the c1130 code?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you get one of those Delphi units from eBay, you can check each sensor using a laptop. You may also have a blocked dpf.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi everyone, I thought I'd post this in case someone was having the same problem. We have a juke 1.5dci. It has had the anti skid warning light on for some time although it passes an mot every year. After checking the fault codes, it recorded C1130, and sometimes other spurious codes. C1130 error code reports a fault in engine signal 1. The diagnostic software states that if there are no faults in the engine system then check the ABS System. The engine system has no faults, but the ABS system registers C1130 and reports a possible fault with the ABS unit. Now the good news is that it probably IS NOT the ABS unit. I found my problem to be a blocked small bore pipe that runs from the exhaust manifold to a pressure sensor which is located just to the left of centre of the engine, mounted at the rear of the engine bay behind the plastic turbo intake. This small bore pipe is a pig to remove due to access, but if you remove the turbo pipes you can get at the sensor and remove it. Spray some brake cleaner down the pipe, if it doesn't drain down the pipe then you know it's blocked. To unblock it, purchase a gear cable for a push bike and cut off about a foot in length. Attach one end to a drill and feed the other end in to the pipe. Use a slow speed on the drill and be patent allowing the cable to go to work on the carbon build up in the pipe. You will know when you have cleared the blockage when you spray brake cleaner in the pipe and it drains away. Rebuild the car and the fault is gone! A bit of a long winded write up but I hope it helps someone and prevents someone spending a fortune on parts.

Hey Kawasaki

Can I ask when you had the codes come up for an ABS issue c1130 what made you decide to check a pipe from The exhaust manifold as they are two different world's. What made you get to that find from the other if you understand?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was just from scouring the internet for answers and also I asked for a quote from Nissan over the phone. I explained the fault and the technician said I will have to bring it in for a proper quote but it may be a blocked pipe.... at the time I wasn't sure which pipe it was but later found out it was the pressure sensor pipe. Yours may be slightly different as you probably have the newer engine layout with the dpf in the engine bay. C1130 is an abs code but for some reason the blocked pipe and dpf also bring up the same code. I also used to lose the cruise control function when the dpf was blocked.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks the info really helpful. And appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. New to the forum. Attached is my engine layout and also these are the fault lights I have on my dash was any of this similar to yours? Lastly I know it's late so maybe tomorrow or something but you don't have a picture of this pipe of what it looks like?

Thanks again it is appreciated.

It was just from scouring the internet for answers and also I asked for a quote from Nissan over the phone. I explained the fault and the technician said I will have to bring it in for a proper quote but it may be a blocked pipe.... at the time I wasn't sure which pipe it was but later found out it was the pressure sensor pipe. Yours may be slightly different as you probably have the newer engine layout with the dpf in the engine bay. C1130 is an abs code but for some reason the blocked pipe and dpf also bring up the same code. I also used to lose the cruise control function when the dpf was blocked.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My engine layout looks very similar to this. The anti skid light used to come on about 3 or 4 seconds after the car started. When the dpf was blocked the engine light also used to come on. When this happened I used to clear it by doing a dpf burn using the delphi software, but it would never clear the anti skid light. The car finally packed up when the hard plastic pipe unclipped, blocking the dpf completely. This prevented the car from starting. I had to remove and clean the dpf to allow it to start again. I cleared the anti skid light by unblocking the pressure pipe. I don't have a picture of the pressure pipe to hand, but from memory, if you look to the rear of the engine, to the left of the pipe that goes across the rocker cover, you can just about see / feel the pressure sensor. Is the car starting, is there any loss of power?

·
Registered
20 Posts
My engine layout looks very similar to this. The anti skid light used to come on about 3 or 4 seconds after the car started. When the dpf was blocked the engine light also used to come on. When this happened I used to clear it by doing a dpf burn using the delphi software, but it would never clear the anti skid light. The car finally packed up when the hard plastic pipe unclipped, blocking the dpf completely. This prevented the car from starting. I had to remove and clean the dpf to allow it to start again. I cleared the anti skid light by unblocking the pressure pipe. I don't have a picture of the pressure pipe to hand, but from memory, if you look to the rear of the engine, to the left of the pipe that goes across the rocker cover, you can just about see / feel the pressure sensor. Is the car starting, is there any loss of power?

The car does start but it does have a loss of power. Is your delphi software a proper delphi scan tool? I've seen u sing it praises and intrigued to get what u had. Is the pressure in the area marked green in the picture. Also u mention about the plastic hard pipe unclipped is the pipe ur referring to in the red box?

Thanks again

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Delphi scan tool is a clone with "cracked" Delphi software for about 70 quid. It does just about everything that a main garage can do. The hard plastic pipe I referred to was to the right of the Nissan sign on the rocker cover. It looks like yours may be a flexible pipe?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry, yes the pressure sensor and pipe is to the rear of the green area. Have you checked the codes on the car?

·
Registered
20 Posts
It did have a diagnostic carried out on it but I misplaced the codes. So that silver metal pipe in the green section is the breather pipe and attached to it is the DPF, so this engine has the DPF in the engine bay if I'm correct? That diagnostic sounds handy where did you obtain it all from?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had a loads of these over the years normally starts with a clogged dpf so suggest a clean on that then clean the intake manifold pressure pipe as spoke about. Also had a few were the dpf becomes clogged and puts the red engine manegment light on and once dpf is cleaned or replaced it then recognises the intake manifold pipe is blocked.

Hope this helps

Adam

1 - 17 of 17 Posts