Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

It is with a very heavy heart that I have decided to part company with my Juke.

I have been give a really good trade in price by a local dealer and am going for a Honda Civic. While its definitely not got the wow factor - I have to let my head rule my heart for once. had test driven it and today got 42 in the same urban route and its a petrol.

I bought a diesel car for economy and my wee Juke certainlydoesnt live up to economical hype.....
I feel really disappointed and desperately sad as I do love my car and its gadgets but thats not enough.

Whether or not I hang about on the forum - I cant say, but what I would like to say at the moment, while I am still about is...THANKS!!! - you're a great bunch of people and have made the last 8 months a joy!!!

Its been good fun......

Love ya!!!!

Fee x

Ps - i'll be hanging about for a bit longer so can give you all the pearls of my great wisdom!!!!!

AS if anyone listens anyway...... Especially not **** or DEKS

·
Registered
81 Posts
Fee
thats really sad
but I know what you mean and I dont think you will be alone. I have to do a brim to brim test on mine and if, as I suspect it doesn't do well it too will be going.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Would be interested to hear what you think of the Civic in comparison, but sounds like a tough decision!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Stick around, Fee. I listen!

I'm keeping mine, I think. The depreciation is too big a knock-back and I'm hoping Nissan will come up with a fix...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Fee,
Sorry to see you go mate, you have single handedly sorted out this forum!! I wont be able to take any post seriously from now on without looking for a comment by you!!!
If you dont mind me asking, how well do you do on your p/x??
Im very interested to know how they valued your Juke, considering its not old enough to be in Glasses guide!
If you wouldnt mind PM'ing me with some idea of how much you lost, I will keep it to myself, Im just very keen to see how the price held up, cause although I like my Juke.......I cant take my eyes off the Ford Kuga...

Andy

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
So you made your mind up then

Still we all know the real reason is because you couldn't live with the lack of colour any longer

will miss you though, thanks for leaving me to fight Nissan on my own

asked the wife about you deal, she said no thanks, I'll keep the Juke

mind you we do a lot less miles than yopu so it isn't as big a deal for us

stay around you're like one of the family now

·
Registered
64 Posts
Oh no.... not a Civic..... I bought a brand new 1.8 ES Petrol Civic last year, kept it for all of 3 months & hated it, I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Mine was a truly bad-tempered car to drive around town.... niggly throttle at light settings, very bumpy ride..... it needed to be revved all the time, below 4000rpm it was absolutely gutless.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi all and Thanks!!!

rochesb - I know what its like to have a car that you hate and you want everyone else to know but I have tried almost every Nissan going and am up for a change. The car I am getting is a 1.4 Si with bluetooth and not much else though. I found it very difficutl to get used to the handbrake being on the drivers side.. Felt the salesman leg a few times whilst trying to find the handbrake - poor man was traumatised!!!!

It has a 6 speed box and I found it very responsive and not at all gutless.for the size of engine. It'll serve my purpose.. That said the Jukes diesel engine is a wee cracker and full of power - you cant beat it compared to other diesels.

I have to give it a go - Car is lovely and I am pleased that my decision has finally been made
I was stuck between a NEW Focus, Seat Leon, Hyundai IX35 and the Civic.... i liked the Civic the best.

Will keep you updated as to how I am getting on if you like - I only hope I have a few problems with the Civic as my friends who love theirs without one single niggle - Wait and see I will have a FRiday car - that would just be my luck wouldnt it....

Fee x

·
Registered
2,119 Posts

Hi Fee,

Really sorry your leaving the clan.

Your comments have been a great help and your banter is spot on

Who will help me take on the red ones

It may be late, but why not change to a petrol Juke?

Wish you all the best and it's been a pleasure exchanging chats

·
Registered
37 Posts
Fee -so sorry, I can't believe you are parting with your Juke ...you would have been happier with petrol, no problem with my MPG after changing from diesel ! Will soooooo miss your comments ! Lady juke - I will help you fightour corner against the red ones, but I'll be no match for Fee !

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I love you lot - you're all mad but I think you're all great.......

I might stick around if you guys think its right for me to do so....... I do feel that us girls need to stand up to the boys and I'm a heavyweight -- in everysense of the word.....

WHITE still rules - dont care what you REDS say

PS - Thanks again for all your comments - I feel quite emotional

Fe

·
Registered
489 Posts
@ Fee Fee - All I will say is also do a test drive in the rain as the Civic does noy handle well at all

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Aha - but I asked for the WHITE and they dont do it....Didnt like the RED so had to settle for the JUKE type colour ionised bronze colour - just like Machine Brown in the JUKE

I think i will have to stick around as I need to sort you all out....

Once a ****** - always a ******........

Fee x

Edited by: feefeeglasgow

1 - 20 of 95 Posts