Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we picked it yesterday the shelf wasn't fitted, which i thought was strange but was too excited to ask about it!
Got it home & realised the plastic fitting on one side was broken & the clips which snap on the body where missing!
Took it back today & was sorted without question, but they reckoned it will be a problem with all the Juke's & maybe even need a recall!
Just something to look out for for all of you yet to pick yours up!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Oooops at least it was sorted! Do you realise that you have glue to repair puncture's with and no spare tyre/space saver wheel? We thought we had some bit's missing but it turned out that you don't get a jack either
just the glue so if you get a puncture do try and punp it up and get to your nearest tyre place because if you use the glue on it, it will mean a brand new tyre as it can't be mended

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, had the same system on my cooper s.
Horrible if you ask me, don't know why they just didn't put a space saver wheel in there, theres
loads of room for it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Mmmm we were a bit gutted because after so many thousand miles hubby usually changes the tyres over so now we are going to have to take it somewhere to be done. Oh well if that's the only down side that's not bad.
We still love the Juke regardless

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Space Saver is an option on the configurator (or at least was when I went through it last). I'll be investing in one of those compressed air cans, used one on my fiesta after having a flat tyre, it got me to the tyre place and got the wheel repaired, much cheaper option than tow.

Does the RAC cover which comes free with the Juke cover flat tyres too? I can see you being stranded if you have a blow out or anything more than a puncture...

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
alicat said:
Oooops at least it was sorted! Do you realise that you have glue to repair puncture's with and no spare tyre/space saver wheel? We thought we had some bit's missing but it turned out that you don't get a jack either
just the glue so if you get a puncture do try and pump it up and get to your nearest tyre place because if you use the glue on it, it will mean a brand new tyre as it can't be mended
You dont get a jack? .....What happens then if your tyre is totally goosed and cant be puncture mended - I hadn't thought of that - will need to buy a jack for the boot then..Good info

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the air pump is man enough to inflate it back up, it puts the glue stuff in at the same time & seals/mends the hole! Still not great as more often the tyre can't be fixed & you have to buy a new tyre!
If tyre is totally 'goosed' guess you call out the RAC!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got a tyre fixer thing free with my GARDX and the tyre foam with the Juke (both the same kind of thing). Strange as the GardX website says it can be washed/flushed out when the tyre is being repaired but when I asked my dealer he said they both can't and the tyre will need replacing. I had the same thing on my 206cc and thought it was great until I used it and then had to pay 140 quid for a new trye :S

·
Registered
70 Posts
Anyone know if you can buy a spare wheel plus jack and spanner?

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Back on topic, picked up our Juke this morning and low and behold I opened the boot and the parcel shelf is on thee floor, checked the clips (which, I must add must cost all of 0.1p each) and they weren't broken, but they're SO flimsy, be very careful if you plan to take out the parcel shelf, I won't be touching it again :)

It was like being on the krypton factor trying to work out how it goes in too ;)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Mike Barker (Canadian guy who works for Nissan) was doing some of the dealer preview events at dealers in the Midlands and he was a bit disgruntled at the condition of the pre-production Jukes they were given to show off, and he mentionedthe flimsy parcel-shelf fastening arrangement.

It's ashame thathas made it onto the final product, I thought they might have changed it or at least used some stronger bits of plastic.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
The problem is they've tried to be too clever ;) just a simple toilet roll holder system would have done, spring, plastic, job done. instead we have a bit of plastic, that another bit of plastic pushes through acting as a pin to wedge it in a metal reciprocal. guess it's a cost thing, I've used these before and they're almost always 'one time use' as the plastic gets stressed and breaks making the whole thing useless!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fortunatly it's something for me that will be a 'once fitted leave it alone' thing.
I like that it is very close to the window, so it isn't in the way when you have to load the boot.
I'll be leaving it well alone from now on!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts