Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the juke, but one niggle already and I can't find anything on it on the forum or wider.

Is it normal for the break pedal to wobble slightly from side to side. I'm not talking much, but it moves about 5-6mm each way. Only noticed it last night and only had the car since Saturday, so don't know if its normal. Can't even remember if previous cars have done this or not or if I'm just sensitive becuase its new. Haven't noticed any reduction in breaking and a good look underneath it looks to be well connected.

Called the dealer this morning he said the one in their showroom moved about 3mm each way.

Can other owners please comment, anybody else noticed this?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Hmm thats a little worrying. I have yet to pick up my Juke but
i would think that there should be no horizontal movement to any of the pedals at
all. Is it the pedal arm or the actual Pad that moves?
If mine moves at all i will be taking it back to be sorted.
The elbow might just need to be tightned or a bigger washer put on :s

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its the whole arm that moves from side to side.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Take it back buddy.You should not be getting any Movement !30 Second Job - by the time you tell them a tech will have done it.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Mine moves as well, always has done. Compared it to several other Nissans which also move in a similar way, so wasn't too worried about it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
taking mine back to dealers tomorrow, so will report back what they say.

as I said previously I keep going round in circles about whether it is really an issue or not. bottom line is I'm not convinced there isn't an issue so they'll have to convince me.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Sounds like more of us have no movement what so ever, so getting it looked at sounds like a good idea.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I'll mention it when I get it serviced, but I'm not going to go out my way to get it in as the problem has always been there and not got any worse over the 6 months I've had the car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I must have very sensitive feet or something. Went back to the dealers, who looked it over and said that the mechanism looked totally normal. The tech then decided to inspect all the cars in the show room and sure enough all Jukes (there were 2) QQs (another 2) and one new micra all had exactly the same mechanism. They all wobbled the same as mine. No one has ever noticed in the dealership.

So just my sensitive feet I suppose and its perfectly normal to have a bit of movement.

At least it won't fall off any time soon.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Has anyone got this sorted out yet.
Was bored today so starting poking around in the nooks and cranys and found that my break pedal can also move from side to side now. Only by half an inch but its not rock solid like the other two pedals :(

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Leave the bits alone, if you mess with things, pulling and poking, things will fall off. Didn't you mum teach you that........

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
i still havent gone blind so i thought she was lying :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
MB, not really a problem, I've now done 3500 miles and it hasn't got worse or better, in fact I just don't notice it any more.

As stated when I went to look at the dealers and 5 cars in the show room were exactly the same (2 Jukes, 2qqs and a new micra). It just the way the mechanism is.

I stopped fiddling with it a long time ago ... err

1 - 20 of 29 Posts