Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to pick her up yesterday!

Have to say, Im delighted - looks great in Force red, drives very well, and turns heads!

Only two things I am not keen on - the i-con looks tacky and is too low. The opening pull flaps for the fuel and bonnet are also low - the issue with this is that you cant see which is which from the drivers seat, so have to bend down low to look at them. - If these are the only issues I experience in the whole duration of ownership, lifes gonna be a breeze with the Juke!

Apart from this, its fantastic - looks ace at night with all 6 front lights on! Ive already upgraded all the front bulbs to give a whiter light. also got mats thrown in by the dealer and am considering de-badging if I get the time today...

The best thing is looking at other peoples reactions as you drive by - it certainly turns heads!

I will try to sort out some pictures today - Im working away from home during the week, so weekends are pretty frantic!!!

andy
Edited by: andytran

·
Registered
575 Posts
Congratulations, Andy.
Will be great to see some pics of the Force Red on here. How easy was it to change the bulbs? I upgraded mine on my Scirocco and it was a nightmare. Had to take it to a garage in the end who took over 20 mins! What bulbs did you go for?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi,

Congrats on new Juke. Sounds like you got the same one im getting. As you guys are talking about the lights would you mind clearing something up for me?

It's which ones (top, middle, bottom) are on when just side lights are on, when justmain beams are on, when justHigh Beams are on and when fog lights are on?

Hope that makes sense. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all -

Bulbs were a 5 minute job to change - possibly the easiest Ive ever done!

Went for Halfords super brilliance, as I had them lying in the garage anyway!

In answer to friendly wombat - sidelights are on bonnet (with indicators).
Headlights and high beam are the middle (largest) lights, and fogs are at the bottom.

Andy

·
Registered
129 Posts
andytran said:
The opening pull flaps for the fuel and bonnet are also low - the issue with this is that you cant see which is which from the drivers seat, so have to bend down low to look at them.
I only glanced at these during my dealer preview, but they seemed to be identical to those on my Micra, in that the fuel flap lever has a semi-circular cut-out on its bottom edge so you could differentiate it by touch alone (neat feature). Tell me it's the same on the Juke, otherwise that would be backward step.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks for the info Andy. Had a feeling thats the way it would be. cheers.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Congratulations Andy on the new arrival was it a long labour

It is funny with the looks that people are giving especially when you are on a dual carriageway, have you found that people overtake then pull in front and slow down we are sure it's for another look!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi all,

Im a long way from home on a course, but after a lot of faffing around, I managed to get some very quick photos done before I left.
The pics dont quite do the red justice, its a bit more "metallic" than it looks in these, but here goes, enjoy...

Gotta say, 1.6 is a bit of a power drop compared to my last 1/2 dozen 180bhp plus cars, but Im doing very different mileage now, and a change of jobs means I can walk to work, so I had to be sensible and go for this model.
However,its early days, but Im really enjoying the car!! (even though Im away from home and my wifes using it till I get back
)

Sorry to anyone with questions above - Im not in a position to see the fuel/bonnet flaps for a cut out, but sounds as if it should have! Also, I had to leave before it got dark, so no joy with the full lights on pic!
Finally - yes, in the short drive back from Aberdeen, I did get a car (Audi A3) overtake and slow down for a good look!!

Andy
Edited by: andytran

·
Registered
204 Posts
Wow, she's stunning. I pick mine up tomorrow, same colour and spec and I'm even more excited now I've seen your photos.

·
Registered
46 Posts
''Apart from this, its fantastic - looks ace at night with all 6 front lights on! Ive already upgraded all the front bulbs to give a whiter light. also got mats thrown in by the dealer and am considering de-badging if I get the time today...''
Can you tell us what the bulb number/codes you used for all 3 different lights?
Edited by: mightygoo

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mightygoo said:
''Apart from this, its fantastic - looks ace at night with all 6 front lights on! Ive already upgraded all the front bulbs to give a whiter light. also got mats thrown in by the dealer and am considering de-badging if I get the time today...''
Can you tell us what the bulb number/codes you used for all 3 different lights?
Hi mate, as mentioned previously, Im away on a course at the mo, so its awkward as the cars at home.

However, the main headlights are definitely H4 - loads worth trying on the market. (I used Halfords extreme brilliance)
Side lights are the standard 5w pigmy bulbs - I used philips blue bulbs, they light up a nice crisp white.
The fogs - cant remember if they were h11 or hb3 something or other??? anyway, I put in some ring xenon max or something, again all were lying in the shed having being swapped in and out from previous cars.
All Im looking for is a nice white light....I hate the yellow effect from the standard bulbs.

Hope this helps, but like I say, its from memory and its a busy course Im on with lots of studying so my brain aches#!!!!

Andy

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to respond Andy.
That really helps as im hopefully picking it tomorrow.
Good luck with the course!

Phil

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
andytran said:

Gotta say, 1.6 is a bit of a power drop compared to my last 1/2 dozen 180bhp plus cars, but Im doing very different mileage now, and a change of jobs means I can walk to work, so I had to be sensible and go for this model.
HOT! Love the pics Andy, That's one very gorgeous car! You haven't made me jealous 1 bit... okay I'm lying I'm totally jealous ;)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheers all,

As it goes, youve probably now seen more of my car than I have!!!

Cant wait to get back home for the weekend and take her for a spin......she said shes missing me......oh no, wait, it was the wife that said that!!!!!

Andy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts