Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

Boring Question About Air

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Siemarque 
#1 ·
Does anybody know what the automatic function of the air intake/recycling button is supposed to do?<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

When the car first starts neither the “external air” nor the “air recirculation” light is on.
According to the Book Of Juke (Chapter 4 Verse 11) this is “Automatic air intake control”.

I had something like this on a Hyundai Tucson a few years ago – it switched to internal if it detected exhaust fumes in the air.
It then switched back to external when the air outside cleared. It worked great.

However in the Juke, when neither light is on, exhaust fumes still come in and I have to switch to internal manually.

So the question is:

Is the Juke’s system supposed to work the same way as the <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Tucson</st1:place></st1:City>’s, and it just doesn’t do it very well?

Is it supposed to work the same way as the <st1:City><st1:place>Tucson</st1:place></st1:City>’s – and does, but mine’s faulty?

Is it supposed to do something else – if so, what?

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Siemarque

I have no idea regarding the Tucson, however I am familiar with the Juke AC controls.

The internal / external circulation switch can be set to auto by pressing it (on either side) for more than 1 second.

The best plan (and it doesn't affect the running costs in my opinion) is to set the whole air con unit to auto:

1. Start the car
2. Press AC off (just to level the playing field!)
3. Press the large middle button (temp select knob on the left) for full auto AC
4. Hold the intake / recirc button for more than 1 second
5. Adjust temp(temp select knob on the left / outer ring)

Job done, this controls all ambient temp and detects (really quickly) any fogging on windscreen/ side windows etc........how, I'm not quite sure, but it works and seems economical.

Hope this was of help

Duncs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.