Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, now as I've not got my Juke yet (come on February!!!), I'm going off memory here from the one I test drove.In the boot, under the lid, there is quite a deep boot that was filled with a deep plastic boot tray, which I think had aprotruding piece of plastic (possibly the handle) from the centre?? Now it immediately struck me that it basically rendered the whole thing pretty useless for storing anything larger than a carrier bag!!
So, my question is whether anyone had modified theirs (to take out the protruding handle in the centre) or if there is some sort of after-market replacement available that would use the whole space to be used (I could do with the big space for my golf trolley!!
Thanks in advance
Zoots

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They say a picture paints a thousand words.........

Edited by: the_zooter

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
just take it out then if you dont want it in there as there is a bit more space below it aswell
remember if you have a 2wd car it wont have the jack in the tray any way just the compressor and gunk + tow eye

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guess I could do that!! I'm just worried that my golf balls and tees could end up anywhere without being in the tray!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not ordered the 4x4 - so I assume there is no spare, just a cannister of foam stuff??

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had a second one thrown in as part of the deal for the purpose of cutting the handle out. Its simple, just used a coping saw to cut it out then cut a piece of chipboard to size and covered it to make a rather cumfy dog bed!, photo in gallery section. You could just cover the chipboard with a piece of black fabric, the only slight niggle is the height you need to cut on left to completely remove the raised section, about 2 inches.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers for the heads up on that. Any ideas how much one of those would set me back (ie a second boot tray, so I can cut out the handle)???I'll have a look at your pics :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts