Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are people doing with the large plastic insert that comes in the boot that only holds the compressor and bottle of gunk in case you get a flat tyre (that you can't take off unless you go an buy the wrench that fits the nuts that is...lol, don't get me going on that one again)... it just takes up space, so just throw it away?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've only looked at the dealer's one (29 days to go!) but it looked like the shape of it kept the boot tray above it flat so without it, a heavy load might cause it to sag a little?

I did note that without it I'd have some handy extra luggage space, though. Handy for going on holiday.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are two plastictrays, one has a handle in the middle and has slots (empty ones!) that take the jack, brace, towing eye (supplied) etc.,When you go and buy your spare your spare tyre and other bits and fit the tyre in, the two trays no longer fit, so this one I'm talking about would have to go on top of the boot tray, won't fit under it when you have your spare in.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I chucked the other tray in the loft when I got my spare put the gunk in the garage somewhere and put the pump in the tray in case i need to pump the tyres up

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks deks36, I'll be round and chuck mine in your loft then

Glad it's not just me.. what an expense to just hold the gunk and compressor. Agreed worth keeping in the car though for pumping up the tyres, that's what the guy who fit the spare tyre to the rim suggested to me.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I haven't bothered with a spare wheel, should I, if I get a flat a nice man in an orange van will visiting me roadside?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I picked up my spare wheel kit last Saturday. The way I see it is if Nissan insist on making spare wheel an after sale accessorie then I'll keep the tray plus gunk in the loft and if my next new car is also a Juke I'll transfer the spare wheel kit to the new car and Dealer can have the gunk pack back when I part ex.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Fizzette said:
I picked up my spare wheel kit last Saturday. The way I see it is if Nissan insist on making spare wheel an after sale accessorie then I'll keep the tray plus gunk in the loft and if my next new car is also a Juke I'll transfer the spare wheel kit to the new car and Dealer can have the gunk pack back when I part ex.
And that is precisely why mine is in the loft
and for the record a Qashqai space saver will fit

·
Registered
416 Posts
Fizzette said:
That's exactly my plan since buying the spacesaver kit. Great minds think alike!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think that this is one of the let downs of the car. advertised is 251 litres of space. as far as I understand this is above the upper shelf. I was amazed when I took out the lower tray with pesky handle, and then the lower tray. this seems to add about 60% more space. why haven't Nissan made this more usable?

I'm taking my parents in law to airport next month. without the shelves in their cases Will easily fit. but the plastic bits down the side Will get damaged really easily if the cases move. shamrock really.

if only someone sold an after market 'bowl' to go down there, it would be perfect...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts