Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had Juke for some six month and since day one the bonnet has wobbled vibrated when driving ,moves some 5 to 10 mill when driving ,due to the high line of the bonnet to the windscreen its movment is very visable .car been back to nission local garage and thay have tested it and agree there is a problem ,also tested another juke to see the same fault .
garage was very good and tryed to get nisson uk to deal with the fault of the bonnet flexing ,nisson uk will not except there is a problem and say there has been no other reported case .

Has anybody got the same problem ........
cental locking has started to play up as well ....
Wipers what a bad designe fault .....
thank dym789

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Dym789,
I've just lifted up my bonnet tocheck On the underside of the bonnet you'll find a rubber stopper on the left and right hand side. These screw in and out, to lengthen or shorten them, and apparently playing around with these to what suits you should solve the wobble. Try lengthening them bit by bit until the wobble stops.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ours had the same problem.

Took the car into the dealers and they adjusted something under the bonnet.Stopped the bonnet vibration or at the least i dont notice if it is still moving.
There is another thread about this somewhere on here

Garry

·
Registered
167 Posts
Same problem - same length of time, not had change to phone the dealers about it, did looked at the rubber stoppers but found that they made my bonnet go out of alignment if i changed them, and cant see how they stop the wobble

must make an effor to take it in

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your replys guys ,have changed rubbers and played with them ,at one point front bonnet lip was 10mmm proud of the rest of the area ..rubber put back to factory setting .sill have bad wobble though bonnet area .....dealer has played as well and can't sort eaither..seem nisson will have to design a new set of rubbers for the wiper end of bonnet when thay agree there is a problem ....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts