Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

have any of you guys noticed how much the bonnet moves whilst driving on perfectly smooth road surfaces, I've talking about the top part near the side lights, I can clearly see bonnet movement when on bumpy roads.

yes I've checked the bonnet is fully closed at the front...

it's definitely at the top near the lights and the bonnet hinges, maybe its because the lights are on the wing and are in a fixed position which makes this more visible, maybe my hinges are loose, there is a bit of play when you press down with a couple of fingers in that area - kind of springy to the touch

just wondered if anyone else had experienced the same thing

cheers

·
Registered
659 Posts
No. Not noticed. But then I'm looking at the road first and foremost...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sorry, I live in Sheffield and can't find any perfectly smooth roads to test this out!

However on the extremely bumpy, pot-hole strewn roads around here I have not noticed a problem.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Have you moved the bonnet stops up half a turn and seen if that makes a difference?

·
Registered
81 Posts
JukeSkywalker said:
Hi

have any of you guys noticed how much the bonnet moves whilst driving on perfectly smooth road surfaces, I've talking about the top part near the side lights, I can clearly see bonnet movement when on bumpy roads.

yes I've checked the bonnet is fully closed at the front...

it's definitely at the top near the lights and the bonnet hinges, maybe its because the lights are on the wing and are in a fixed position which makes this more visible, maybe my hinges are loose, there is a bit of play when you press down with a couple of fingers in that area - kind of springy to the touch

just wondered if anyone else had experienced the same thing

cheers
Yeah I have the same on mine !! from the drivers position it wobbles slightly on the passengers side next to the side light.
Let me know if you find anything !!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Yep - I too have noticed this - only seems to be vibrating at passengers side but theres no obvious sign on drivers side.

I have actually got out the car on a motorway once as I thought the bonnet lock was opened - but it was ok.

It doesnt rattle though - just seems to have a lot of movement - as no-one else had noticed I thought it must just be a quirk of a new car!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rocks703 said:
Have you moved the bonnet stops up half a turn and seen if that makes a difference?
Didn't know there were such thinks, will give that a try thanks

will report if any change/difference

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
feefeeglasgow said:
Yep - I too have noticed this - only seems to be vibrating at passengers side but theres no obvious sign on drivers side.

I have actually got out the car on a motorway once as I thought the bonnet lock was opened - but it was ok.

It doesnt rattle though - just seems to have a lot of movement - as no-one else had noticed I thought it must just be a quirk of a new car!!!

Fee x
yeah I checked the bonnet safety catch too, as thought i'd left it open or not closed it properly, but nope wasn't me - can't report any rattle or noise from it, I just notice the movement out of the corner of my eye, and passengers have also noticed - on mine it tends to be the driver side that has most movement

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I is strange isnt it - there really is no obvious reason for it

I thoguht at first it might be bonnet misalignment but when you look at the car from dead ahead - theres no issue with bonnet overhang or slightly misaligned - its very even...

The Qashqai had an issue with slight bonnet overhang which Nissan sorted outbut the Juke seems to have all the panels in perfect place??

Strange one this

Fee x

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ok....look at the gap between the trim (area just above the grill / just below the Crocodile running light) and the left hand side of the bonnet (as you look at it head on), the gap in the body work and the bonnet is bigger on the left (as you look at it). Every Juke I have seen has this.....could be a slight issue???

Duncs

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Well - I had double checked and my bonnet looks perfectly symmetrical - perhaps this could be an issue that needs a wee tweak....

Maybe everyone else can have a wee look in the morning and report back to us tomorrow - might be a design flaw on some??

Interesting as there was this issue on the Qashqai facelift model

Fee x

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'll have a look tomorrow.

I checked the bonnet in motion and mine is solid.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had this with my Juke, took it straight in as I remember seeing a bonnet fly open on a car on the motorway when I was a small child and its haunted me for life....!
They adjusted the rubber springs at the front of the bonnet, something I could have done to be honest. Very easy! :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Misserable rain today so not lifted the hood to play with the rubber stoppers as suggested, will post back in drier weather

·
Registered
81 Posts
sorted mine, as previously stated in other post its a simple adjustment of the bonnet stop, takes two seconds, just twist the stop half a turn or so. Job done!!! simples!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well the rain has stopped so will try on way home tonight :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts