Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, picked up my Juke today and had a great drive through the country. Finally home now and have set-up the phone with the car, iPhone 4, worked fine 1st time, synced the contacts and also can play music through it as well. It's the easiest set-up I have had.
So here is my question, I remember reading about issues on Bluetooth and have searched but cannot remember what I read, does leaving the bluetooth on the car drain batteries or anything like that, does anyone know when you take the key out does bluetooth turn off.
Sorry for the silly question.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
When u take the key out the head unit turns off. This also turns off the blue tooth. When you say turn the BT off do you mean on the phone or on the head unit? Leaving BT turned on on your phone will cause the batter to drain a little quick. As for leaving the BT on in the car, no it will not effect your car battery. I have never turned it off in the car. Makes for quick connect when u get in and turn the engine on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks so much for that, i was talking about BT on the car, always leave it on the phone for the apple equipment i have.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
yupyup. turning the BT on and off within the radio settings is far to fiddley. I just leave mine on and had no problems. Have also read the manual and there is nothing that says the BT will drain the battery. I mean it only works when the ignition is turned on (along with the Air Conditioning) and it uses very little power.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i feel so much better now that in the morning i won't have issues when starting, was getting very worried.

·
Registered
220 Posts
newtojuke said:
i feel so much better now that in the morning i won't have issues when starting, was getting very worried.
Not much chance of drain the battery. The B.T switches off on the car and whilst the ignition is off the B.T. is not connected. If you are on long journey you can always use the usb port to charge your iPhone ....Any phone with B.T. on all the time will drain faster than off...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts