Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Having problems with the phone connection. It paired OK and worked great for a few weeks, then wouldn't connect.....so renamed phone and paired again and same thing happenned. Jukey going into garage Friday to be looked at. Really disappointed as loved this feature. Anyone else had simular issues? Oh and its not an i-phone. Cheers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, I'm having exactly the same problem. Did you manage to get it sorted by the garage? Would be really interested to find out what they did (assuming they managed to identify and solve the problem). I'm using an Android phone. The pairing still shows on the Nissan Connect screen but it appears it doesn't know my phone is in the car.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Does it actually make the Bluetooth connection or not? Mine occasionally seems to be connected and the names in the address book appear on screen but when I press them nothing happens. Re-syncing the address book solves the problem.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I've noticed that sometimes I just have to wait a bit longer for bluetooth audio to connect.
The data download looks like it's done twice then everything works fine. Edited by: jukearmy

·
Registered
175 Posts
Trydeleting the pairing from both the audio and the phone, then re-pairing, works for me..

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi

Yea, my iphone 4 on OS 4.3 still does this at times, you press a contact to ring, and it won't!

Restart car or pair again sorts it, but it is really random and you can go a week or 2 with no issues, then it will do it again 3 times in a row!!!

Dealers / engineers found no problems with connect system, gues it's my iphone operating system. Other iphones on OS 4.1 seem to be ok.

Hope this helps, assuming it is an iphone 4 you have?

Duncs

·
Registered
9 Posts
Deleted the pairing and re-paired - this was fine for a while but the connection dropped again. I did see a suggestion on another forum that using WiFi on the phone might cause the Bluetooth connection to drop out so am trying turning it on and off over the next few days to see what (if anything) happens. I'm using an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy Europa) by the way.

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
When I was in the dealers looking at the Juke I was told that the Connect system does have problems with Android phones and works better with other operating systems.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Well i have android and never had any problem with the connect. When i leave the house i put the BT on not even close to the car and it connect itself when i enter...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ok.. there might be a hidden issue. In the states we have what is known as "Dead Zones" this is where any cell phone or hand held devices do not receive signals from any tower or cell location.. You might have to check with your carrier again on this mater.. find out what their coverage is and even ask for a map..
Typically the map would have large or small red areas or dots, which indicate cell points, antennas and towers.. Anything outside of these cell points (red areas).. would be considered a "Dead Zone".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks, JukeAttitude. I also checked the site and my phone clearly doesn't exist! I've posted a question on the Samsung site for now and await a response. If only I'd bought an iPhone...

I don't switch Bluetooth on and off - wonder if I should?

Which to change - Juke or phone? Both are a similar age...

·
Registered
63 Posts
lol, get rid of the Phone.. No I mean.. get rid of the phone.. we here in the states can't or not allowed to drive with many of these devices.. So my wife and I don't. But we do have a back up plan.. Stuck back in our emergency bag.. is a Pre-paid phone card just in case ofemergency.
Just compare the list at the Nissan Page.. But even then.. there is no guaranty that the new phone will work correctly too.. Your talking about "meshing Devices" which can be hard, because the market changes so often.. One minute new phone etc, the next it's a has been.. the old model etc..

·
Registered
4 Posts
One other thing to try is to reboot your phone, I have found this to have fixed a few pairing problems.Phones that have not been turned off for a long time can start behaving in strange ways, much like a PC, which a lot are just small versions of.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah I'm having trouble..but not sure if it's my phone. I have the HTC Desire...Android.
my phone is paired to the head unit ,but when i go to play music it only last,s a minute or so then goes off??

1 - 20 of 33 Posts