Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard a lot of mentions from people about how dark it is in the back of the Juke (especially with the window tint) since there's only the courtesy light in the front.
Just wondering what people are doing about it?Anyone got any recommendations, I was thinking of a few possibilities...
1) Replacing the front courtesy light with stronger LED bulbs so the light reaches further to the back.(would appreciate any bulb recommendations anyone has, I also have no idea how easy it would be to replace the bulbs).
2) A push light somewhere in the back.
3) Get myself some ambient lighting.(not sure how effective it would be, also, I'm not paying the rediculous price for the Nissan set, and because I'm on PCP I'm reluctant to drill holes, so if anyone knows of a battery operated alternative or a wired set that I wont cause any damage fitting?)
4) Use a torch

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice link, thanks Rocks703.Half my problem is that i've never done this sort of thing before, so I dont know how most of the stuff connects up. That site does seem to think I already know what I'm looking at.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Hey Beranicus, i plan to do something along those lines with my juke as well.
Goin to replace all the interior lights with brighter LEDs
I only get my juke in april but if your still stuck ill post a step by step while im doing it and poss take pics as well :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@meaga-byte, I might beat you to it :) I get mine April 13th, I dont think i'll be able to resist messing with it for long lol.
@acrorat, If I can find something a little more stylish than those it would do the trick for the back of the car I recon, and they would save any fitting etc. Although I do think I'd still replace the main interior light with a brighter LED bulb, who knows, that might do the trick.
Thanks for the responses all, I'm glad I joined the club!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Could always issue rear seat passengers with head torches

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Beranicus if you have any doubts on fitting the stuff you could always pay a visit to your local In Car Entertainment centre and see what they can do for you. They could even fit some rear interior reading lights/spots so it will blend with the Jukes styling and look OEM.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi what I did is I put a pair of led strip under the rear seat.
I took the positive from the lamp placed in the luggage boot. Then from the door switch I took the negative(the door switch is continuity of earth(negative))

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
If its any help

Deks wrote to the MD of Nissan earlier on this year with a list of possible improvements that could/should be made. They were issues raised by owners.

The issue of an additional courtesy light in the back was on the list -particularly an issue if you have privacy glass and even worse if you are trying to get kids and car seats in the back. They definitely got that one wrong!!!!

Hopefully they will improve this

Fee x

·
Registered
659 Posts
OMG, those stick-ons are fabulous! Thanks for this, everyone. Literally brilliant!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Upgrading the front lamps can go too far, dont over do it or you end up like the Spanish Inquisition. I will have to find something not so bright, sitting in the services last week it was like sitting in front of a spot lamp, ok with a cap on! And the back was just as dark, I'm on the route of extending the interior lamp to the back, you get the lamp control then.

·
Registered
219 Posts
MALTESEJUKE said:
Hi what I did is I put a pair of led strip under the rear seat.
I took the positive from the lamp placed in the luggage boot. Then from the door switch I took the negative(the door switch is continuity of earth(negative))
Maltesejuke
How did you get to the door switch and feed a wire out?

·
Registered
42 Posts
What I did is I took the positive from the rear bulb and I passed the wire from under the plastic to under the rear seat.The positive feeds both led strips. For the negative I connected the wire direct from the door switch to the led and I passed the wire from under the plastic to under the seat. At the back I put 2 led strips of which I connected them one with the left door switch (when you open the left door the left strip will light) and one from the right door switch (when you open the right door the right strip will light).
IMAG0300 by MALTESEJUKE, on Flickr
IMAG0299 by MALTESEJUKE, on Flickr

1 - 20 of 36 Posts