Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have searched the forum and I am a newbie.
So, I have a Thule bike rack that fitted on the tow ball of my last car I owned which was a Disco, it carried 3 bikes.
So now we have bought a Juke I was wondering which is the best way to do this, after looking I have come up with this.
1. Purchase the tow bar and electrics etc to fit the existing carrier, which as it is a tow ball one I assume it just fits. This will hold 3 bikes.2. The fourth bike can go on the roof in the bike carrier system.
So, I know I can fit four bikes after a fashion but does anyone know if there is a 4 bike carrier that can be bought for a tow ball?
Regards
Felipe

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help, will take a look.
The urge to tow a caravan has gone, we did that for a while, enjoyed it but are over it.
The wife says why do we want to spoil the look of the Juke with a tow bar, how else do carry 4 bikes!
Regards
Felipe

·
Registered
32 Posts
From what I understand the Nissan Fitted TowBar is detachable meaning you can take the ball-hitch off it when not in use and the Juke will look as if no TowBar is fitted and they dont cut into the bumper etc to fit. Thinking thats what im going to have to do so that I can take the bikes out, difference though is that im only carrying 2 and dont fancy trying to put them on the roof and not liking the idea of dropping the back seats and trying to squeeze them in the back like I did with my Celica

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yes, the standard tow bar is removable as it covers the rear fog light when fitted, which obviously you can't do for driving without a trailer. The electrics fold away up into the bumper as well so the whole installation is pretty much invisible.

·
Registered
873 Posts
You do have to cut the bottom black trim part however, but unless you really look for the cuts you won't notice them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts