Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen another another juke web-site out there? Found it when i was on google trying to get on this site yesterday afternoon!Edited by: yellmandy

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
the owner of that site is a member on here its in his signature
reported it to Dan as its a free world to set your own forum up but I believe its unfair to try poaching members on another forum by advertising it in your signature
also i think the site has only in its title aswell and fortunately your link seems not to work

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't think i done a link just copied it from google. I know it's a free country to do what you want, just thought it was abit unfair to all the people that have built this site to what it is today!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
its only a problem if we all go off to other forums, but as I believe 90+% of us are very happy here and enjoy the banter and conversation most of us will not be going elsewhere, should also be noted that that isnt the only other juke forum out there, another one exists but mostly it has US members on
like kats I am happy here and not going anywhere (sorry to those that would like to see the back of me)

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
haha, either thats the totaly wrong email addy or his forum has crashed

Either way it dont seem to be working haha

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
On a comparable level, I visit a particular Chat Room fairly regularly where the owner is more than a bit protectionist, such that even the mention of 'other places' in a conversation are threatened with an overnight ban. This excessive anality has actually caused people to leave the original chatroom.

One size doesn't fit all, and oranges are not the only fruit.

And that link doesn't work anyway

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
yellmandy said:
Has anyone seen another another juke web-site out there? (link removed) why try and poach members just join this one? Please have a look not so good as this one! Found it when i was on google trying to get on this site yesterday afternoon.

Sorry I dont see how you can say its wrong to poach members when you have clearly posted a link to that site imo makes you worse than anyone
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh i'm so sorry i was feeling sorry for all the people (like me and you) that have made this forum what it is.I am now shaking doing this post that i have upset people if it offends i will remove the post. I thought the idea of the forum was to speak about our views?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I visit the American site on a regular basis. Like to see whats going on on the other side of the pond.I don't feel dirty after this ............... I like variety lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rocks703 said:
I visit the American site on a regular basis. Like to see whats going on on the other side of the pond.
I don't feel dirty after this ............... I like variety lol
Thanks for that feeling abit sick now that i have upset people for doing this post.
I am very happy with this site and won't be leaving just like you say browsing around.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Its not the post or the other website that I think is wrong, everyone is entitled to an opinion and the right to post what that want to. I just feel that it is wrong to post a link that connects to a site that is competition for this site, thats not to say people should nt know about other sites or be members of them, I just think its not fair to the owner of this site if other sites are linked
I have looked at the US site too I have looked at only juke site some aspects may be better but I reckon this is the best group and long may it stay that way

Dont get worried by what I have said I am merely making my point as you have yours you havent offended me as I said its a free world every one has their view

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
deks36 said:
Its not the post or the other website that I think is wrong, everyone is entitled to an opinion and the right to post what that want to. I just feel that it is wrong to post a link that connects to a site that is competition for this site, thats not to say people should nt know about other sites or be members of them, I just think its not fair to the owner of this site if other sites are linked
I have looked at the US site too I have looked at only juke site some aspects may be better but I reckon this is the best group and long may it stay that way

Dont get worried by what I have said I am merely making my point as you have yours you havent offended me as I said its a free world every one has their view
Thanks for that. I will remove the link and edit the post

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
haha yellmady, i would have done the same thing and also posted the link. Personaly i dont see the harm in it but can also see were Deks is coming from. people will always go and checkout other forums like i have my self. found the USA one first before i found this one. really liked their mods to their cars but the parts they use are different so trying to find information was a little poinltess.
Part numbers are different, voltage and wattage may be different two. I mean their top end Jukes come with a rockford fosgate sub!! ( i have 2 ready for my Juky as well hehe)
Forums are 90% the same the world over. its not the layout or the colour its the people like your self, Deks, Kats, Lady juke etc that make the forum so very worth while.
The other forum may have the best specs, layout and information in the world but if the peope are rubish why would u want to go back?
Steal their info and bring it back!

ARRR Information pirate
All the plunder
none of the scurvy

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
meaga-byte said:
ARRR Information pirate
All the plunder
none of the scurvy
We be b'hind ya Cap'in!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
and Yellmandy it is nice that you are protective of this Forum

·
Registered
171 Posts
I must say to me there's a nice atmosphere to this group, which is what i like.Plus to me this is about as close as your gunna get to an "official" owners club.We have Nissan browsing on here, discounts, etc etc etc.
This group has made a name for itself, and rightly so.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts