Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just washed my RED pride and joy and found a half inch scratch slap bang in the middle of the drivers door. Any suggestions for removing. I can feel it when I run my finger over it so it's more than a surface scratch.
Think a stone must have flicked up.

·
Registered
104 Posts
hubby washed our juke at the weekend and scratched the bonnet went to halfords they had 3 products but he recommended autoglym paint renovator he's taken it to work hoping he has chance to do it in his lunchbreak will let you know how it does! Heard on here i think that nissan paint is "soft". Edited by: yellmandy

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
can you feel it with your finger nail? If so the likelyhood is it won't polish out. Scratch X, autglym Super resin Polish and Poorboys Black hole have fillers in them which may help mask the scratch.If you you might able to cover it with a touch up paint and polish.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. Think I'm going to try either the autoglym renovator or scratch x.
I'll let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
329 Posts
There definitely an issue with the softness of Nissan paint.

Ive just traded in my red Juke. Had done 3000 miles, only a handful of these on motorways, the majority round town/quiet A roads. It had half a dozen chips on the front bumper/bonnet and quite a bad case of "nappy rash" on the bottom of the front doors, caused by gravel "scuffing" the lacquer when being thrown up by the front wheels - I think front mudflaps are ESSENTIAL for Jukes, if your as fussy about paintwork as I am.

In comparison, Ive just pick up a Ford Kuga same age/mileage as the Juke. Has 2 tiny stonechips on the bumper and nothing else. Has definitely weathered much much better than the Juke. I am certain that this is down to the harder lacquer.
Ive been working on it all afternoon - wash, paint correction (slight swirls - erased with menzerna compound) clay bar entire car, then add a layer of Autoglym lifeshine. Tomorrow will be a coat of collinite wax. Whilst I was doing this, wifehoovered, cleaned interior dash/windows etc and "fed" the leather seats! so much for a car that had been valeted on collection!

Even when our Juke was new,once we got it home, wecleaned it properly!!!

Sad, I know, but if you look after your cars and want the wax/sealant to work properly, you MUST have a totally clean and smooth paint surface to work from and the only way to get this isby detailing if necessary, otherwise a clay bar (essential even on brand new cars!).

Andy
Edited by: andytran

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
can't believe you didnt take the dealers supagard would have save you all that time doing the valeting when you got home

·
Registered
329 Posts
deks36 said:
can't believe you didnt take the dealers supagard would have save you all that time doing the valeting when you got home
**** - why didnt I think of that?? Of course, had I got the car supagarded, I wouldnt have got the stonechips/nappyrash on my Juke, as - and we all know this - supagard puts an "invisible force field" around the car, meaning you never have to wash, wax or even wipe the car ever again!!

**** you Deks....
....I dont get this level of abuse on the kuga forums....
......mind you they are a bit of a boring bunch, not much other than standard straight down the line posts....

Andy
Edited by: andytran

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
what will really amuse me is when someone tells you actually the car was supagarded when it was new. Now that would be funny

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Andy does this mean you will doing a Fee, can't leave us as the stress of the withdrawal symptoms would be too much? You will always be a Jukey at
you know.
X

·
Registered
329 Posts
Deks, you are not funny.....supagard is for life, not just for christmas.

Kats, my Juke is gone was traded in yesterday against a Ford Kuga!

will post pics once I get finished up with the wax/polishing tomorrow!

Andy

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another answer at last. Thanks Juke of Hamilton I've heard of that but it's quite harsh isn't it?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
jukearmy said:
Another answer at last. Thanks Juke of Hamilton I've heard of that but it's quite harsh isn't it?
G3 is used by bodyshops when polishing up small blemishes in paint you can also use G7 which isnt as harsh as JOH says it works I ve polished many a scratch out with G3 even a branch scratch across the wing on my Juke

·
Registered
329 Posts
jukearmy said:
Another answer at last.

OOOOOOO (holds handbag to front of chest)......

Sorry mate - you need to get used to it on this forum.....we do get sidetracked on occassion!!

Andy

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
andytran said:
jukearmy said:
Another answer at last.

OOOOOOO (holds handbag to front of chest)......

Sorry mate - you need to get used to it on this forum.....we do get sidetracked on occassion!!

Andy
Hahahahaha. Don't worry ive worked out what gasbags you all are.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts