Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi so just to make a change I was excitedly boring .... Sorry i mean informing a guy at work about my soon to arrive baby. He asked me if I was getting a safe guard, or whatever Nissan know it as, treatment. To be honest this my first ever brand new car so I kind of looked at him blankly any hoo he explained the benefits if this is done and of course I want this. Spoke to my dealer who said it will cost £299.99.

Is this a typical price?

Guy at work told me to phone around, even if it's fords etc, to get other prices and go back and see if can get it reduced. Is this a good idea or should I phone around other companies, I'm assuming good valet companies will do this, to see if can get cheaper else where??

Thanks in advance

T x Edited by: Tori
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
My first walk into a dealership the salesman said it was an essential, the next dealership didn't mention it. He also said GAP insurance was essential, so I discounted both.
The first guy quoted 299, so I guess that is a uniform price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
Hi
What dealership are you ordering from?? Glyn Hopkins put Safe Guard on our Juke as part of the deal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
hi what exactly were you getting for £299

There are 4 levels of supaguard and this would be right for the Gold Service (top spec)

but i would clarify exacty what you are getting to be certian its not one of the others

JOhn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
Bo & Luke Juke said:
Hi
What dealership are you ordering from?? Glyn Hopkins put Safe Guard on our Juke as part of the deal
Interesting. It was Glyn Hopkins that wanted 299 for Supaguard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Hi Tori
I am waiting for my acenta with premium pack later in october in force red...i got free super guard cover,,free gap insurance...from benfield motors nissan dealer in gateshead...




peter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys

I'm purchasing mine from toomeys at dunton and they didn't specify. Actually they never mentioned it and when I called for price he told me will talk about it when she arrives then. Someone in Chelmsford will do it for £150 so I'm going to say that to them. Those of you that got it included I'm so jealous I was lucky that I got mats thrown in lol

t x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Hi Tori I have ordered the force red 1.6 tekna auto and did deal the my dealer for the top Supagard cover thrown in . i have at the moment a ford s-Max which had Diamondbrite covered worth every penny makes the car so much easier to clean and once done always looks new , diamondbrite products are brill, so hope supagard is as good .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Right everyone....listen in I shall say this only once!!!

Supaguard/Lifeshine/Diamondbrite are all a DEALER CON.

Every one of these can be found on ebay for anything from £5 up to £30 depending on how much of the kit you buy.

If you can polish a car, you can apply these products. There is no special skill required. Lets face it, many valeting bays are manned by unskilled workers or semi-retirees looking to earn pocket money.
I do not mean to do these people a dis-service, but please, get it into your heads, these products are a con and DO NOT mean you will never have to polish your car again.
They are all very high quality wax/sealants which will do a good job of making the water bead for 3-6 months, but thats it.
either buy them on EBay, or buy a high quality wax, such as Collinite - guaranteed to last longer than any of the above!!
OK rant over, but it really, really annoys me when I see dealers offering these products at £299.
They are even more of a rip off than servicing costs...

Andy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
That's what I thought. When he said GAP insurance was essential and they were reluctant to sell anew car without it, I though the supaguard was probably also not an essential. In fact that is what made me leave that dealer and go to another who has totally messed me around.
lose. lose.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
447 Posts
I tend to agree with you andytran, I'll be buying some lovely Autogym HD wax for my wife to polish the Juke with!

I did take out GAP insurance as two of my friends have been burned by insurance shortfall and I did not want to find myself in the same situation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
I totally agree with you Andy, here's the proof when we were looking around to PX our car one of the dealerships we visited said our car looked really good did we have the paint protection on it - erm no just some good old elbow grease now and again!!! Save your pennies guys we've got our £24.99 pot of Autoglym HD wax at the ready
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
I can thoroughly recommend collinite wax if you are looking for a long lasting "beading" finish.

As you know, Ive just got my Juke, and the first thing I did was put a coat of Autoglym Lifeshine on it. Look at EBay - you can buy the valeters kit for around £15 delivered!!
The kit includes the high gloss sealant (amazing stuff), some screenwash additive (nothing special), some scotch gard type coating for the carpets/seats ( excellent) and best of all, the window glass guard (this stuff is amazing - make water run off side windows for months and months).
Every bit of this can be applied by a total novice. If you can wax any car, you can apply this.

Supagard is average, but no where near as cost effective, as once the impregnated sponge is applied, it cannot be stored to use again.

Diamond brite is good initially, but fades pretty quickly. - It is a 2 part process to apply - first coat is almost pure white spirit, which removes any contaminants from the paint (its quite safe), second coat is a high quality wax.

Believe me, Ive tried everything during my 24 years of driving and 39 cars (dont ask).
IMHO, Collinite is the best for pure endurance, and Autoglym lifeshine best for "bonding" to the lacquer for a tougher shell.

As I said, Ive put some lifeshine sealant on my Juke last week. This weekend, if the weather permits, Im going for the first coat of Collinite. I will put on more Collinite in November and again in January, that should see me through the worst that NE Scotlands weather can throw at me!

The only thing to add is that Collinite isslightly harder than averagework to remove - its a heavy duty detergent proof wax after all, but as it only goes on a few times a year, its really worth it in my opinion!!

Good luck, but for god sake dont pay a dealer £299 unless youve got money to burn!!

any questions on this "longlife" sealer/polish issues, just ask!!

andy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
I boughtmy autoglym HD wax last week and am itching to use it hopefully this weekend. What do you recommend for the alloys we use just a standard alloy wheel cleaner when we wash it but just wondered what you recommend as the best to stop the build up of the dirt, brake dust etc in the first place??
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
447 Posts
andytran said:
I can thoroughly recommend collinite wax if you are looking for a long lasting "beading" finish.

As you know, Ive just got my Juke, and the first thing I did was put a coat of Autoglym Lifeshine on it. Look at EBay - you can buy the valeters kit for around £15 delivered!!
The kit includes the high gloss sealant (amazing stuff), some screenwash additive (nothing special), some scotch gard type coating for the carpets/seats ( excellent) and best of all, the window glass guard (this stuff is amazing - make water run off side windows for months and months).
Every bit of this can be applied by a total novice. If you can wax any car, you can apply this.

Supagard is average, but no where near as cost effective, as once the impregnated sponge is applied, it cannot be stored to use again.

Diamond brite is good initially, but fades pretty quickly. - It is a 2 part process to apply - first coat is almost pure white spirit, which removes any contaminants from the paint (its quite safe), second coat is a high quality wax.

Believe me, Ive tried everything during my 24 years of driving and 39 cars (dont ask).
IMHO, Collinite is the best for pure endurance, and Autoglym lifeshine best for "bonding" to the lacquer for a tougher shell.

As I said, Ive put some lifeshine sealant on my Juke last week. This weekend, if the weather permits, Im going for the first coat of Collinite. I will put on more Collinite in November and again in January, that should see me through the worst that NE Scotlands weather can throw at me!

The only thing to add is that Collinite isslightly harder than averagework to remove - its a heavy duty detergent proof wax after all, but as it only goes on a few times a year, its really worth it in my opinion!!

Good luck, but for god sake dont pay a dealer £299 unless youve got money to burn!!

any questions on this "longlife" sealer/polish issues, just ask!!

andy
After a post like that, you've taken the crown as our resident car polish expert! Glad I didn't succumb to dealer pressure to purchase superguard!

Thanks or the info as well, very helpful ;)
Edited by: iamdabe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
575 Posts
Each to their own but I think autoglym lifeshine is a great product, but 299 is very steep. You can get the kit on eBay but you don't get the autoglym bag of goodies thrown in or the autoglym guarantee. Like most things at a dealer, prices charged are a rip off. You should be able to get full lifeshine done professionally for 150 max. Gap is a great product, but again after haggling with my dealer, I got it half price. Just be prepared to negotiate
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
Autoglym Hd wax everytime guy's and dont forget the specal price for Forum Members


£24.99 including p&p within the uk

Full range or Autoglym and Meguiar's Cleaning Product's always in stock and at Discounted price's

JOhn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
hi alicat for your alloy wheels we would recomend Autoglym Alloy wheel Seal . Here is the Offical info on it.

<h2>Protect Wheels From Brake Dust - AutoEXPRESS 5*</h2>



AutoEXPRESS Best Buy.



The style and condition of alloy wheels can have a dramatic effect
on the overall look of a car and a build up of brake dust can rapidly
spoil the appearance.



Alloy Wheel Seal is a super fast spray-on solution that coats the
wheels with a glossy sealant to deter the build up of brake dust.
Wheels polished with Alloy Wheel Seal are easier to clean and will stay
cleaner for longer.



Features & Benefits:

<ul>[*]Easy to use, spray-on formula[*]Sealant helps protect from brake dust deposits[*]Makes cleaning wheels easier [*]Fresh, fruity aroma[/list]We sell this for just £3.49 +p&p

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Autoglym-Auto-Glym-Alloy-Wheel-Seal-450ml-Wheel-Care-/400159762634?pt=UK_Body_Shop_Supplies_Paint&hash=item5d2b6168ca

JOhn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
I have worked in the insurance industry for years. I never take out GAP insurance! It's just an additional money maker at point of sale. As long as you are fully comp, you are fine. Your motor insurer (or the third party insurer)islegally boundto put youback in the same financial postion you were in prior to your loss.

In the event that your vehicle is a total loss, they must give you sufficient funds to replace it on a like for like basis. If you are not happy with the settlement that they offer, you can tell them to source you an equivelent<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />vehicle.

So when I hear sales staff scaring people into buying this cover, it really winds me up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
chris78 said:
Each to their own but I think autoglym lifeshine is a great product, but 299 is very steep. You can get the kit on eBay but you don't get the autoglym bag of goodies thrown in or the autoglym guarantee. Like most things at a dealer, prices charged are a rip off. You should be able to get full lifeshine done professionally for 150 max. Gap is a great product, but again after haggling with my dealer, I got it half price. Just be prepared to negotiate
Sorry, but the autoglym guarantee????

What do you think they are guaranteeing? Its not worth the paper its written on, unless of course you think 299 is a fair price!!!

Also, what do you mean about having a full lifeshine done professionally? There really isnt any specialist skill required - if you can clean and wax a car, you can apply any of these products professionally.

The only time skill is required is when you are using a rotary polisher for paint correction - now that needs skill or you will burn through your paint.....

Also, I use normal car wax on my wheels- just as good as anything else on the market. Its all about protectively coating the wheel to help any brake dust slide off!!

Finally, I dont recommend any tyre blackening products - the product always ends up all over the wheel and makes it look a mess, kinda cancelling out the reason for putting it on in the first place!!

I dont profess to be a valeting expert, but Im into my cars and always keep them immaculately clean - 20+ years of washing and waxing means Ive learnt what is good and what is bad!!

Andy
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top